Baroid Mines

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Baroid Mines

Post by Chillindave »

Hey guys, Yesterday I followed up on a lead someone gave me about an old mine. I didn't find any open mines, but the remains were cool enough. If you all are in Central Arkansas, it's worth checking out. Here's my findings . . . http://arkansas.rightanglepro.com/Baroid.html .
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Baroid Mines

Post by Willard »

Oh Shit! If Halliburton has anything to do with it run away... run very far away... Vice Prez. Dick Chaney still recieves a stipen from them and still has major ties with them! (oh and you might want to make the site dissappear) :shock:
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Chillindave
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chillindave »

Haha. Nah, someone from Halliburton told me they are in no way associated with the old Baroid Mine. Dunno if something went wrong and that's a cover or what, but they said that was totally separate from them.
vetteboi88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by vetteboi88 »

The site with the pics is down, so I can't see what you found. The old Baroid property was an open-pit mine, not a mine shaft or anything like that.

Lots of neat geology in that area. If you want to do some mineral collecting, you can find some interesting minerals in cove creek, east of the old iron bridge in Magnet Cove.