Pictures 5-3-06

Urban exploration in Arkansas
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Pictures 5-3-06

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Here's a few of the pictures I have from today

I'll be putting a site together showing the progress from the aquisition, the growth and then the rebuild.

Metal Roofs being added to the buildings

Low Branches removed for visibility

Buildup behind dam has been removed, however we are having a problem locating and repairing the leak to the left. We added about a 9x3x3 fill of concrete with no luck (not pictured)

All debris removed, look at it flow :)

Some buildings have needed to be rebuilt, which can be seen here. Some buildings had to be removed :(

The Arkansas tribute to the Washington memorial.. memorial. We have also cleared the areas around it.

The large impact is the visibility from the road

small falls.

town area

tram exit

warehouse

The large falls are visible as well, which I took a picture of and will try to post later. Time to take shelter, tornado is near.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Pictures 5-3-06

Post by Willard »

Wow... very impressed... There has been a lot of work done! Looks good so far! BTW are you putting metal roofs on the buildings for easier maintanance or for cost? (just wondering)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Re: Pictures 5-3-06

Post by HMndnproud »

Nice pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them. :D

Any luck with the train? I'm also curious about the swinging bridge, what condition is it in?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Thanks guys!

As far as the metal roofs go, the durability and maitnence are the reasons.

In regards to the train, no luck yet. There's always lots of talk, but nothing solid.

The swinging bridge is in 'ok' condition. The cables are still strong and holding, but alot of the wood is in bad shape and should not be attempted to be crossed. We just had repair estimates done on the drive overbridge, mill and the swinging bridge.
Capn Jon
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Capn Jon »

Wow, great work!! We saw it back in January, and it has changed a lot since then. Nice to see the place again, as we don't get out that way too often.
Keep up the good work!
Capn Jon
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Wow. I'm amazed at how much better that place looks. I'm impressed. I'm also thrilled that it still looks like Dogpatch. From all the rumors about how different it looked, I was expecting to like see a totally different place :)
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Looks amazing!, great work on the place!, i wish to know what you are going to do with the place, but i can wait :)
Dogpatch Expert
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

The pictures are amazing and very much appreciated. Like so many others, I have wonderful memories of the park.
How about the mill - is it salvageable? It looked pretty good from the little it could be seen in the pictures. Any idea of when the park will be opened to visitors again? My husband and I can hardly wait to see it again.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

The Mill is salvageable. We have recently taken a bid repair on it so expect that in the future. However, one MAJOR setback is that someone actually disassembled the generator that turned the waterwheel and removed it. I am amazed about this due to it's size, but still would like to see it returned for help in the restoration.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Oh and as far as time is concerned, we do have things planned for as early as next summer. That is what we are aiming for but it's not concrete just yet.
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Thanks for the info, we'll be anxiously waiting to make a trip to Arkansas when the place is opened up again.
Was the old church also salvageable? We've read where about the search for the train - how about the old cars?
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

The church is still standing and it's actually in pretty good shape. Everything inside has been stolen (imagine that). The church is actually one of my favorite buildings on the park side :)

The old antique cars were actually owned privately. So they're not at the park anymore, but I do believe the tenent that ran the antique car buildings still owns the cars.
huck19
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by huck19 »

so gatsby, when do you think the progress website will be up and ready. i'm anxiosly looking forward to it :D .
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

It will probably be a minimum of a month. I have quite a few fires burning at the moment and that has been planned as a side project. I'll let people know :)
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

I am sure you have had offers before but if you have any of the old structures that will not be restorable, or for whatever reason will not be left standing I would like to buy them if possible, at least one of them. I have some land about 30 miles away from Dogpatch that I would love to have one of the buildings on.
Long shot I know. But I just had to ask...