Guthrie

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
idontlikespam
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Guthrie

Post by idontlikespam »

It was strictly off limits for years and the City owned it when we went in. We were allowed in because we were working on a historical documentary. It never happened because the guy that did the filming backed out of the project with all the footage, but I do have some cool pictures. I'm going to try to scan some more of them in. I believe now Marriott owns it and I don't know if they would give tours or not. I can find out who owns it & I'll let you know.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I'd appreciate it! I can always have one of the guys I work with talk to the person for access. One of the privileges of having a partner that networks with everybody. Besides, I'd only take pictures and would do nothing to damage the building in any way. I don't want to damage any reputations so I'd be respectful.

That is what it's all about, isn't it?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

I know of the two hospitals, but one is right in the center of town right across from the police station and the other is in a neighborhood, both highly visible but they would be one of the best explorations in the area.
arieluthien
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by arieluthien »

In regards to the Boys' home in Guthrie, there is an orphanage that was abandoned and really cool, I might add, at 602 E. College Ave. It has now been turned into an establishment called The Dominion House where people can get married and have receptions, etc. Creapy, get married in an old orphanage, don't you think?.