Monte Ne Caves

Urban exploration in Arkansas
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Monte Ne Caves

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Has anyone been in the caves that surround this place? I have located two of them, there are apparently 25 caves in this area within a 10 mile radius. We located one that's normally underwater but is exposed now. If your standing on the shore line at Monte Ne and look across at the bluff line there's another.

Has anyone been in these or do you know of others. I have located the owner of the house above the bluff to ask for access. I was told by one of the locals that no one has followed the cave to the very depths of it and that the owner's really cool.
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: Monte Ne Caves

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Nope I haven't been there yet but I would like to go along if you get permission to get in the cave. I also plan on going to visit Monte Ne when the lake returns to normal pool and we are going to dive there.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

There was a thing about Monte Ne on the news tonight, FYI, and there's supposed to be more at 10 for anyone who's interested.

Back on topic, I've heard there were caves nearby, but I didn't notice any the time I was there. Of course, it was getting dark by the time we got there.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Absolutely would love to add you to the party! So you plan on diving, we are returning to dive the ruins as well. This way we can also dive the underwater cave that we found if we need to. Maybe we can hook up then to. Are you certified?

The guy that's going with me is and he's getting me certified within the next month. I figure if spring does what it's supposed to the water level should return around the middle or later part of April.

We're planning on a return trip to Monte Ne just as soon as we get some decent temps again. I will keep you informed!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Are you talking about the cave that was underwater that you asked permission to enter? Because if it's normally underwater, it should be Corps. property and you shouldn't need permission to enter it. Although, I guess it could be trespassing if you go underneath someone's property via a cave, but I doubt it.

Where is the cave that's normally underwater anyway? I was there today, and I've been there several times, but I've never seen that one.

I have, though, seen a cave that if you're standing at the amphitheater and look at the bluffs across the water, there's a pretty obvious cave there. Did you see that one?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I'm pretty sure passing under someone's *surface* property via a cavern does not constitute trespassing, unless you had to trespass in order to reach the mouth of the cave, which you wouldn't be doing if it were on Corps property as WR stated.

You'll have to let me know where some more of these are. I'm planning on going back to Monte Ne this weekend, weather permitting, and just spending the day there exploring.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

White Rabbit wrote: I have, though, seen a cave that if you're standing at the amphitheater and look at the bluffs across the water, there's a pretty obvious cave there. Did you see that one?
We've been in that cave. It doesn't go very far back but it was taller than we expected.