Drain by Lowe's in Springfield

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Drain by Lowe's in Springfield

Post by White Rabbit »

Spotted a fairly large drain I'd never noticed before today. It's at the corner of Glenstone and Primrose, right next to Lowe's. It's on the corner of the intersection nearest to Lowe's. It doesn't look like much unless you look close. There's a set of metal grates on a slope, and if you look through there, there looks to be a set of dual drains just big enough to walk through. I have no idea if the grates come up. It was the middle of the day, so there was way too much traffic to check it out. Just wanted to post about it in case someone gets a chance to inspect it before I do.
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spectral »

Hey, I had a chance to check those drains out this evening. The grating definitely budged when I tried to lift it, so I'm pretty sure it'll come up all the way. Thing is though, those pipes are a little small for walking; more like crouching/crawling. They probably just go straight under the Lowes parking too, although there's the possibility that they might branch off and get larger. Something to definitely keep in mind though.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Ah, that's cool. I had hoped they were larger than that, but I didn't really get a good look at them.
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

RE: Drain by Lowe's in Springfield

Post by Sparkle »

Very similar drains near Home Depot where I live, and It was sort an okay trip..but nothing really to see. They led to 2 concrete boxes that the runoff from teh parking lot would flow into, and then out of there into the tunnels. There were 2 shoulder width tunnels leading from the concrete rooms...but appeared to go no where...w/ no openings (and I am sure it gets tough to breathe being in there..so we didnt bother).
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-