Kerr Mcgee tower downtown

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Kerr Mcgee tower downtown

Post by OKCEXP »

has anyone ever been into the two office towers behind the kerr mcgee tower? i heard that they were going to turn them into luxury flats. (we'll see if this happens) They are on the corner of Robert s. kerr and harvey i think.http:
Attachments
terraserver.jpg
terraserver.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Exploring the off limits of OKC
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Kerr Mcgee tower downtown

Post by whipping_post »

Is this the same building with the Petroleum Club? If it's the office building I think you're talking about, it's rather boring in a 60's-70's viewpoint. I use to work in several of those buildings and most of them are connected through the Concourse.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

no i think the petroleum club is in the oklahoma tower across form leadership square. they are directly behind the KM tower and yes are that 60's redo of an old bulding.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Petroleum is several blocks away in what is now the BankOne building. I use to work in the north tower of Leadership for several years. The building across the street from Robinson Renissance (shit, I never spell that right) was the OLD bank building. You can't go into the lobby portion of the bank (too much security) but the building itself is very nice with between 30's to 50's architecture. They also have the old vault blocked off, as well as the original elevator, but they have elevators located further back (by a chinese restaurant) that are pretty much original.

In the BankOne building, the elevators are fucking FAST! My ears pop every time I'm in them. They go down to the concourse (where BankOne is now) and the doors have some odd tile decoration on them. Again, way too much security in those buildings to do any real good UE.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by OKCEXP »

funny you should mention the first national, i have done some accidental exploration there. I rode the elevator up to some floor got out and it was still like it was back in the 30's and one of the offices was unlocked and empty. it was 60's inside but i keep meaning to go back. I saw the bank lobby last new years it was open, but i really want to go into the vaults downstairs. i wonder if the leasing office could show me?
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I doubt it, I think it's still the bank's property, from what I remember anyway. I wish I'd been there when they did the tour but I couldn't get away from work.