okc area +50 or so miles

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: okc area +50 or so miles

Post by whipping_post »

I talked to my mother a night or so ago and she remembers when the Skirvin was still open and that yes, the resaurants under the Skirvin were indeed part of the Metro system under the city prior to the hotel closing down.

On another note: anybody have any information on the Larimore Hotel before it was renovated (twice)?
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

anything else on the OKC area? ill be up there in 2 weeks, as well as tulsa. im really looking at hooking up w/ any of y'all if your gonna be there!
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

Tulsa has the Camelot Hotel. It's off of I-44, near Peoria. It was in that movie Tex, with Matt Dillon (its an old movie). I read some stuff about it on the internet.
There is a picture of it on this site.

http://abandonedtulsa.blogspot.com/2005 ... hotel.html

I don't know how hard it is to get into or anything, and I think it may be in a bad part of town.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I've said this a million times on here, but Tulsa has huge drains all over the place.
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: okc area +50 or so miles

Post by mechfreak57 »

HMndnproud wrote:Tulsa has the Camelot Hotel. It's off of I-44, near Peoria. It was in that movie Tex, with Matt Dillon (its an old movie). I read some stuff about it on the internet.
There is a picture of it on this site.

http://abandonedtulsa.blogspot.com/2005 ... hotel.html

I don't know how hard it is to get into or anything, and I think it may be in a bad part of town.
but ive heard that place has tight security and people keep a close eye on it. ive seen it before. right of the highway.

what about stuff on the vast boring tollroad from OKC to Tulsa? there has to be something out there!
The objective of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other sorry bastard die for his.
-Gen. Patton
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

There's a big empty parking lot in Stroud, where the Tanger Outlet Mall got sucked up by a tornado. :D
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

mechfreak57 wrote: what about stuff on the vast boring tollroad from OKC to Tulsa? there has to be something out there!
Try Old US 66 that parallels the interstate until it decides to branch off to Edmund (sp?)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

HMndnproud wrote:There's a big empty parking lot in Stroud, where the Tanger Outlet Mall got sucked up by a tornado. :D
ive seen it i remeber seeing it while all the remains were all there.
-Gen. Patton
KansasCity
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

Post by KansasCity »

For some reason I know of Edmund, OK. I've never been there, but for some reason I am familar with the name. WTF?
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Edmond has become THE place to move to if you have any type of disposable income. Lots of SUV's, wanna be "rich" and/or the like. Lots of McMansions cluttering up what was once beautiful land. You know: urban blight.

I remember the outlet mall getting leveled, lots of jeans everywhere. That's the bad part about wanting to do any exploration, a lot of times mother nature does the demolishing, not man. :)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
mechfreak57
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mechfreak57 »

whipping_post wrote:Edmond has become THE place to move to if you have any type of disposable income. Lots of SUV's, wanna be "rich" and/or the like. Lots of McMansions cluttering up what was once beautiful land. You know: urban blight.

I remember the outlet mall getting leveled, lots of jeans everywhere. That's the bad part about wanting to do any exploration, a lot of times mother nature does the demolishing, not man. :)
lol u think edmond is bad? come to southlake,tx!
-Gen. Patton
OKCEXP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: okc area +50 or so miles

Post by OKCEXP »

rea1 wrote:does any one know of good places around okc???
there are tons of places around OKC, you just have to look and observe. the lincoln terrace area is great place to start for large mansions abandoned but for sale. lincoln and 13th, the capital area.
Exploring the off limits of OKC