Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Branson pyramid
View previous topic | View next topic  
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Locations: Have gun, will travel
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

I really don't know if the griffin is still there or not, I haven't been able to find it (made about 5 trips so far) but the guy who told me about it swears it's still there. One of the rumors I've heard about the place was that the original owner was egyptian or something and actually had weird artifacts around his house. By the time the 80's rolled around, he had already moved on, and someone else bought it. This was about when all those cool satanic urban ledgends you hear about popped up and in this area anything not specifically Christian was likely to be labeled satanic by default.

Why don't you swing by and shoot some pictures from the road? You've actually been there and will know when you're close- I'm pretty much shooting blind trying to find the place.

Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Locations: St. Louis Area

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

How big is this place? Don't think I'll ever make it down there, but was trying to find it on Terraserver and couldn't find anything weird.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

I am really starting to think this whole thing might be bullshit.
gimpface, did you say Mike had been there? I see him around sometimes and could always ask him.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Locations: St. Louis Area

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

With it getting to be close to fall, it could be possible that with the leaves off the trees you might have a better chance of seeing it.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
With it getting to be close to fall, it could be possible that with the leaves off the trees you might have a better chance of seeing it.

Yeah, that's the plan. Also, talking to that meth-mouth Mike might be a good Idea as well.

ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

Think I should try and track him?
I am talking to old whats her face and she is coming home for christmas.
(You know who I mean)
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

Well, it's time that this urban legend, like so many other good ones, be totally shot down. The "Satanic Church" I've heard so much about over the years turns out to be a weirdly designed shed. That's it.

Talking to a friend of mine about it, and it turns out that some family friends actually used to rent the house with the weird griffin statues along the driveway, and the weird shed-thing was part of it.

The folks who lived there, we'll call them Bill and Gail, did not take kindly to people tresspassing and trying to steal the statues and whatnot, so Bill took to shooting at people with a .410 snake charmer shotgun. Until, that is, he decided to smash the window out of a car of some kids who were, as usual, trying to steal the statuary. When it hit the window, the barrel of the gun was bent to the point that it was no longer safe to shoot, and the only other guns he had were much more lethal, so the shooting stopped. They eventually moved.

It should be pointed out that they did channel the forces of darkness... but then again they were both plumbers, and that's just what plumbers do.

I'll be heading out there with said friend at some point to get some photos.

ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

So it is abandoned now? So we can take drugs and have orgies there to make the rumors real? Sweet.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

What's drugs and orgies without a human sacrifice? Just blatant hedonism. Aspire higher! If satanism ain't your bag, pick a deity! Qetzlcoatl works for me.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

Count me in! I'd make the drive just for the fun. But you have to sacrifice virgins and really, can you find any in this day and age?
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: RE: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

Yeah, but they're generally pretty ugly. I don't think Quetzlcoatl would be pleased.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Locations: lost and loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Branson pyramid Reply with quote

sure we can find some.... theres Mjames, colt, punctual, cozm, and of course hiccup.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2