Branson pyramid

Urban exploration in Missouri
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

RE: Branson pyramid

Post by gimpface »

I really don't know if the griffin is still there or not, I haven't been able to find it (made about 5 trips so far) but the guy who told me about it swears it's still there. One of the rumors I've heard about the place was that the original owner was egyptian or something and actually had weird artifacts around his house. By the time the 80's rolled around, he had already moved on, and someone else bought it. This was about when all those cool satanic urban ledgends you hear about popped up and in this area anything not specifically Christian was likely to be labeled satanic by default.

Why don't you swing by and shoot some pictures from the road? You've actually been there and will know when you're close- I'm pretty much shooting blind trying to find the place.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

How big is this place? Don't think I'll ever make it down there, but was trying to find it on Terraserver and couldn't find anything weird.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

I am really starting to think this whole thing might be bullshit.
gimpface, did you say Mike had been there? I see him around sometimes and could always ask him.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

With it getting to be close to fall, it could be possible that with the leaves off the trees you might have a better chance of seeing it.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: RE: Branson pyramid

Post by gimpface »

Chris wrote:With it getting to be close to fall, it could be possible that with the leaves off the trees you might have a better chance of seeing it.
Yeah, that's the plan. Also, talking to that meth-mouth Mike might be a good Idea as well.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Post by ShadowBearer »

Think I should try and track him?
I am talking to old whats her face and she is coming home for christmas.
(You know who I mean)
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Well, it's time that this urban legend, like so many other good ones, be totally shot down. The "Satanic Church" I've heard so much about over the years turns out to be a weirdly designed shed. That's it.

Talking to a friend of mine about it, and it turns out that some family friends actually used to rent the house with the weird griffin statues along the driveway, and the weird shed-thing was part of it.

The folks who lived there, we'll call them Bill and Gail, did not take kindly to people tresspassing and trying to steal the statues and whatnot, so Bill took to shooting at people with a .410 snake charmer shotgun. Until, that is, he decided to smash the window out of a car of some kids who were, as usual, trying to steal the statuary. When it hit the window, the barrel of the gun was bent to the point that it was no longer safe to shoot, and the only other guns he had were much more lethal, so the shooting stopped. They eventually moved.

It should be pointed out that they did channel the forces of darkness... but then again they were both plumbers, and that's just what plumbers do.

I'll be heading out there with said friend at some point to get some photos.
ShadowBearer
Stubbles
Stubbles

Re: Branson pyramid

Post by ShadowBearer »

So it is abandoned now? So we can take drugs and have orgies there to make the rumors real? Sweet.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

What's drugs and orgies without a human sacrifice? Just blatant hedonism. Aspire higher! If satanism ain't your bag, pick a deity! Qetzlcoatl works for me.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

Count me in! I'd make the drive just for the fun. But you have to sacrifice virgins and really, can you find any in this day and age?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Yeah, but they're generally pretty ugly. I don't think Quetzlcoatl would be pleased.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

sure we can find some.... theres Mjames, colt, punctual, cozm, and of course hiccup.
----------This space for rent----------
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Thread necromancy!

Post by gimpface »

I found some additional information and photos of this place on Facebook. Apparently it was supposed to be some sort of egyptian style tourist attraction called One World that never really took off. I can’t take credit for any of these photos, someone on FB took them in the 80’s
Attachments
A flyer advertising the development
A flyer advertising the development
Some hippy bullshit
Some hippy bullshit
The griffin
The griffin
The temple/shed
The temple/shed
Egyptian painting
Egyptian painting
Egyptian painting
Egyptian painting
Egyptian painting
Egyptian painting
Sun painting
Sun painting
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Branson pyramid

Post by SubLunar »

gimpface wrote:UPDATE: I ran into the guy who told me about it and he gave me slightly better directions. It should be approx. 5 miles down T hwy on the left (he said it was about 1 mile from the Shriners). You should see the griffins from the road, and if you look carefully you may be able to see the concrete structure. DO NOT drive up to it or the owners will get severly pissed! I'll give this another shot as soon as I get a chance.
FWIW I don't think T even goes for 5 miles and I don't see a golf course anywhere on it. Been google mapping this and don't see shit. I did find the referenced Shriner's building here: https://goo.gl/maps/mC3AESUkHv72
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Wait, maybe this is it. https://goo.gl/maps/VsXdDN2ty4A2

EDIT: nope that ain't it.