Eureka Springs

Urban exploration in Arkansas
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Eureka Springs

Post by darkcloud617 »

Hello everyone, I guess it's a light return of myself. So hello again. I came seeking information in relation to Eureka Springs. That little city is very intriguing to me and has a pretty wild past that's spread throughout the shops and such. My fiance and myself travel there a few times a year just because of its 'magic' feeling. Along the way I have heard of Eureka underground and the caves that still support the old springs that once were used for medicinal reasons. I've asked many many shop owners but it still remains a mystery if they even exist or if there even is a Eureka underground cave system. Have any of you came across any information or maybe even seen any parts of these areas? Im not sure why but this place peaked my curiosity. Thanks.
OzarkKrazO
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Eureka Springs

Post by OzarkKrazO »

i stayed up at "Crescent Hotel" on May 11, 2001. stayed on 3rd floor corner room and had two walls with windows, different directions. One went down the back of the hotel. check out or google anything on "The Lady of The Mist." I say this as we had an "experience" but it was behind and down the hill from the hotel at St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church. Let's just say "better than Harry Potter" what we saw and experienced on the last night of our honeymoon lol. i'm not sayin' i saw a ghost or nothin' :lol: Anyway, if you see the picture of the "student who jumped to her death" when the hotel was a girl's school (and was said to be pregnant). They never found out her name? All they have about it, anyway, is that she is called "The Lady of the Mist." If you find out her real name (i am not that good with search engines lol) ~i would sure like to know! Anyway, we were never afraid but rather fascinated at what we did see with our own four eyes lol. Enjoy!
I LOVE Irish Terriers!
BacktotheFuture4Life
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Eureka Springs

Post by BacktotheFuture4Life »

I'n actually going this summer. Any abandoned places I should explore?
OzarkKrazO
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Eureka Springs

Post by OzarkKrazO »

I don't think you will have any problem finding some underground passageways or abandoned buildings. Be sure to go up and take a tour of Crescent Hotel. It is also a pet friendly hotel, just in case "Fido" tags along lol. That was what got us to stay there to begin with. Also, take a trek down that steep back walkway behind hotel to the St. Elizabeth Church. i didn't go off the perimeter of the church property but it seemed to have big hills going on down the back side of it. I'm quite sure that the Hotel has passageways from the old days when it was a girls school and before that, a "Health Assylum." There is a lot of little Victorian places to explore if you like that sort of charm, too. We just headed on down to Beaver Lake the next morning after our fantastic experiences that last night of our honeymoon :lol:

Am still having trouble posting photos here *sigh, but i added an attachment that is a picture of the church taken from the 4th floor Mezzanine at Crescent Hotel. Lots of land behind that church that looks fairly pristine for exploration. Let us know how it goes!

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
Attachments
HAUNTEDHM5.jpg
I LOVE Irish Terriers!
OzarkKrazO
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Eureka Springs

Post by OzarkKrazO »

Eureka (it worked lol!)! my picture posted. to bad i put the same one as attachment lol. Look up by Google "St. Elizabeth Catholic Church Eureka Springs Arkansas" and "Crescent Hotel...Arkansas" the church pics are pretty creepy. you'd have to go on a sunday to a service to see in real life. creepy red stained glass windows ~yeah RED! creepy lol

Image[url]
I LOVE Irish Terriers!