Mystery Box

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below

What is in the Mystery Box?

A Geocache
No votes
Conservation Data Marker
14%
A Fortune
14%
A Stack of Playboys
14%
A Gnarly Poo
57%

Total votes: 7

hedlight
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Mystery Box

Post by hedlight »

Hey everyone, I've been dormant for a while due to an injury, so I'm sorry for anyone who I haven't replied to on previous post, I'll be looking through those soon.

However, yesterday I went exploring and found something odd. We were well off the trail exploring on public ground and I found a small collapsed cave. Inside was a metal box with no markings. At first I thought this might just be a Geocache but considering the opening is way to small for a person and the box is not reachable by hand I would assume that's incorrect.

My friend stated it could be an observation or marker box from the conservation department and not to disturb it, so we left it be. However, most observation boxes are marked as such to prevent disturbance. Also, I would have no clue how they would ever retrieve this box since you can't get to it.

The box itself seems to be metal and has some rust on the side. It looks like it's been there for a few years but I really doubt it's been there for long considering it's not covered with leaves and debris. I thought it might be an ammo box but the design doesn't fit anything I can find online and there are no hinges on this box. The box also seems to have a little bit of an outward base near the bottom and I can't tell if some of it may be buried beneath.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I think I'll follow up with the conservation department Monday and see if they know of any observation boxes in the area before I try to investigate further.

Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Re: Mystery Box

Post by Chris »

I think it is an ammo box, they have an indentation like that in the bottom to clear the handle on the top of the box stacked below it.
Freak
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Mystery Box

Post by Freak »

I agree it looks like an ammo can upside down.

Did you ever go back and check it out? Could be money, guns, dead hooker parts, or other fun things!