Trying to find a cave in Newton County

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Troyw
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Trying to find a cave in Newton County

Post by Troyw »

When I was about 9 or 10 a friend's dad used to take me and his sons to a cave in Newton County I believe down 7 south just passed jasper we had to take a dirt road a ways down crossing a small creek/ swimming hole from the small creek we had to walk about a mile and a half into the woods and there it was decent sized entrance that tampered almost to a hallway like tunnel with several rooms off of it then at one point we had to crawl for about 6 feet until it opened up to a small domed room were there were dates and signatures from people who had been there some dating back to the early 1900s beyond that were several different tunnel ways and a massive room with a waterfall I've been trying to find out its location for a while now with no luck if anyone has any idea or even a rumor of its location let me know thanks .....and sorry for the giant run on sentence lol
hedlight
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Trying to find a cave in Newton County

Post by hedlight »

Glory Hole Falls? It's almost in the same location and it has a large waterfall that pours through a cave opening.
bgould
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Trying to find a cave in Newton County

Post by bgould »

While it is west of Jasper and has not been off a dirt road since about 1980, your description fits the cave at Lost Valley.
The best solution is always simple and the simple solution is always hard.