Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area
View previous topic | View next topic  
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
Member for: 3 years, 4 months0-99 Poster

Locations: Springfield,Missouri
Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area Reply with quote

Does anyone know where 1 could find any large or extensive mines or mine shafts that they would b willing to PM me any locations? I live in springfield and looking for any within a 40 mile radius, i would appreciate it so much expecially on today christmas because i dont have anything to do this weekend. Thank you all for your time Smile Smile and Have a Merry Christmas
Pinballwiz
0-99 Poster
Member for: 3 years, 11 months0-99 Poster

Locations: St. Robert, MO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: RE: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't have any idea on any mines in the area.

But I've been researching the mines out in New Mexico and the abandoned 100 foot mine shafts out in the middle of nowhere. Just ready for someone to fall into. Real creepy stuff.

Headframe Hunters
0-99 Poster
Member for: 9 months, 13 days0-99 Poster

Locations: Rolla, MO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area Reply with quote

Pinballwiz wrote:
Sorry, I don't have any idea on any mines in the area.

But I've been researching the mines out in New Mexico and the abandoned 100 foot mine shafts out in the middle of nowhere. Just ready for someone to fall into. Real creepy stuff.

You're lucky if they're only a hundred feet. I know of one in NM that's seven hundred feet to the water level, then three hundred feet of water. There are many, many more out there- the state of New Mexico doesn't have the money to destroy all the historic sites, only those where dumbass teenagers fall down a five-hundred-foot vertical shaft.

There's also a flooded shaft in MO that's got nearly 1500 feet of water and a solid concrete collar, but it has a (removable) cover.

l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
Member for: 3 years, 4 months0-99 Poster

Locations: Springfield,Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area Reply with quote

I've been wanting to take a trip out to New Mexico for awhile to visit the atomic historic sites I can get away from work long enough,that mine u said is in MO with the "removable" cover,would you mind messaging me in the right direction to go poke around? If you don't mind Smile I'll keep what info u share to myself for security and safety reasons

Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1