Oval Sink

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Oval Sink

Post by Nicotti »

I was looking through my Missouri Geological Wonders & Curiosities last night and saw there is a karst window called Oval Sinkhole near one of the water treatment plants on the south side of town (can't remember, east or west side, which it said). Anyone heard of/ seen it?

Also found a DNR karst resource page: http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/wrc/springsandcaves.htm
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
mike12345
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Oval Sink

Post by mike12345 »

Nicotti wrote:I was looking through my Missouri Geological Wonders & Curiosities last night and saw there is a karst window called oval pedestal sink near one of the water treatment plants on the south side of town (can't remember, east or west side, which it said). Anyone heard of/ seen it?

Also found a DNR karst resource page: http://www.dnr.mo.gov/env/wrc/springsandcaves.htm
Hello Nicotti,
Yes I saw that oval sink. This is amazing.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Oval Sink

Post by Nicotti »

Funny. :roll:
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Jeffers05
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Oval Sink

Post by Jeffers05 »

The water treatment plant on the southwest side of Springfield next to Battlefield has a the window you are probably talking about on their property. I have a pic of it somewhere (see if I can find and post it soon). From what I've heard they are not fond of anyone wishing to take a peak since it is behind the fence line.