Caves in Caney AR area.

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Arkansas Tom
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Caves in Caney AR area.

Post by Arkansas Tom »

This is a great site. Great reading about all the exploits.

I use to do a lot of cave exploring in Arkansas back in the 70's. Recently bought some property in the Caney Ar. area (about 10 miles south of Yellville on 14) and plan to move there this fall.

Is anyone familiar with any of the three caves located South of Yellville near Caney. They are Shawnee Cave, Elm Cave and Caney Cave. All three are clearly marked on Topo maps of the area. Coordinates on Terraserver are -92.63560 long. by 36.11537 lat.

Would appreciate any info about these caves and any others in the same general area.

Thanks
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Caves in Caney AR area.

Post by Willard »

White Rabbit might know. You could always go visit the KKK camp near Zinc... that's always fun! (banjos playing in the back ground)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Caves in Caney AR area.

Post by BROUSER »

I'm thinking more Sertile's area of expertise.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

I actually haven't heard of those, but then I honestly don't go down to the Yellville area all that much. Firediver and the guys from around there might know more about them, though.
Arkansas Tom
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Arkansas Tom »

Hey thanks for the replies. Someone must know of those caves as they are clearly marked on the Cozahome topo map south of Yellville.

When I get there this fall I'll check them out and report back.

I noticed the Buffalo River came up over the weekend! Anybody going floating.

Tom
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Let me know when the water gets within a foot of the bridge at the Ponca put-in, and I'll think about it. I like to put in at Ponca and have someone shuttle my truck down to Kyle's. I've camped at Steel Creek several times when the river was dry there.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Arkansas Tom
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Arkansas Tom »

For those who may not know, here is a link to the Buffalo River river gauge system. Is shows rain gauges and river level information in the Buffalo drainage.

http://www.buffaloriverandrain.com/cgi-bin/rainmap

Tom
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

― Ken Ham
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Arkansas Tom wrote:Is anyone familiar with any of the three caves located South of Yellville near Caney. They are Shawnee Cave, Elm Cave and Caney Cave. All three are clearly marked on Topo maps of the area. Coordinates on Terraserver are -92.63560 long. by 36.11537 lat.Would appreciate any info about these caves and any others in the same general area.Thanks
I have access to an extensive karst and caving library for arkansas. I will see what I can find out they are clearly mapped just as you said. I have a list of systems at my boys house where we have mapped them through satellite imagery. Nothing like topo's it's even better. (shh, military secret!!) LOL They may be worth making a weekend out of to locate and check out!

I'll also check with my boys from the NSS and see what they have for me!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
Arkansas Tom
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Arkansas Tom »

I have access to an extensive karst and caving library for arkansas. I will see what I can find out they are clearly mapped just as you said. I have a list of systems at my boys house where we have mapped them through satellite imagery. Nothing like topo's it's even better. (shh, military secret!!) LOL They may be worth making a weekend out of to locate and check out!

I'll also check with my boys from the NSS and see what they have for me![
Hope to hear what you find out.

Tom
goldjam94
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by goldjam94 »

I know this is really late, but I found Shawnee cave. Elm cave was to risky to get to and Caney cave had about 8 no trespassing signs. Shawnee cave had some no trespassing signs but you don't see them until you are just about at the cave entrance. Outside of the entrance is an old log cabin, i guess this was the gift shop when the cave was open for tours. The inside of the cave is filled with trash. We didn't go to far in because I had a really bad feeling. Right as we were leaving in my car a cop pulled in so we left just in time. I did take a picture which I attached.
Attachments
Shawnee Cave entrance
Shawnee Cave entrance
hogtexan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hogtexan »

Goldjam94 - Sent you a PM
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

I know of a few caves in that area, and have actually been talking to several folks that grew up around there. ASK THE OLDER PEOPLE, they are the best information you'll get. I wish I had time to catalog all of the caves and mines that I have been to or heard about. KEEP SHARING!!!
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

O know of a few caves in that area, and have actually been talking to several folks that grew up around there. ASK THE OLDER PEOPLE, they are the best information you'll get. I wish I had time to catalog all of the caves and mines that I have been to or heard about. KEEP SHARING!!!
Adventureisoutthere
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Adventureisoutthere »

Here’s some pics of Elm Cave, for those who are interested. A couple of others and myself met the owner. We went to another nearby cave on the property, as well as Elm. Itchin to go back, but alas, I think he has sold the property.
Attachments
67D15214-D9FD-471C-89D9-3BD45AF02CD9.jpeg
67D15214-D9FD-471C-89D9-3BD45AF02CD9.jpeg (174.17 KiB) Viewed 6637 times
7D6D3146-16F7-4C12-9B90-DA9CB0BFFBBE.jpeg
7D6D3146-16F7-4C12-9B90-DA9CB0BFFBBE.jpeg (120.3 KiB) Viewed 6637 times
F58D069B-0AD0-4C21-BC96-738A91BD7866.jpeg
F58D069B-0AD0-4C21-BC96-738A91BD7866.jpeg (178.44 KiB) Viewed 6637 times
60E4C411-DABF-4C73-A018-724199E9B712.jpeg
60E4C411-DABF-4C73-A018-724199E9B712.jpeg (377.65 KiB) Viewed 6637 times