First Post, Forum Newbie

Urban exploration in Missouri
TableRocked
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

First Post, Forum Newbie

Post by TableRocked »

I'm a resident of Stone County, in Lampe, and was curious if you all had a few caves you could recommend near me?

I've been searching around me, on Breadtray Mountain, for a cave the old timers around here speak about, but without success.

There is supposedly a cave on the property of Jill's Barbeque that goes for 15 miles or so, but I've yet to investigate that one, although I was told by her son the local caving group from Kimberling City had been through it and where the ones who documented its length.
gnomad1
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: First Post, Forum Newbie

Post by gnomad1 »

New to the forum as well. Would love to see the activity on here get rejuvenated like the earlier years.

Anyway to answer your question, if you have never been to the abandoned train tunnel by Eureka that wouldn't be too far from you. This should give you everything you need to know.
http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMYR ... NGS_TUNNEL

Also if you have any cool finds to share feel free to reply to this or PM me with details as I would also love to discover some new places.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: First Post, Forum Newbie

Post by liesreality »

Contact me and if your up in Springfield way I may be able 2 show u some caves, tunnels, abandoned structures, etc.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: First Post, Forum Newbie

Post by Nicotti »

There's 2 in Murder rock, 2 in top of the rock, 2 un-gated on the Talking Rocks Cavern property, a small one se from Sonic in Branson West, several in Dogwood, 1 or 2 along the trails in the Lakeside Wilderness area in Branson, thread search old spanish cave in reed springs, thread search springfield caves.

IE. tons
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand