Whippoorwill CAVE Maddison county WMA

Urban exploration in Arkansas
ans015
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Whippoorwill CAVE Maddison county WMA

Post by ans015 »

Could someone please give me coordinates or directions to Whippoorwill cave. i have located many in the Maddison county WMA but this one seems to be the best in the area from what iv heard. iv been looking for it for months. Please Help!
hogtexan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Whippoorwill CAVE Maddison county WMA

Post by hogtexan »

I'd like to know coordinates too! I know approx. where Pine Creek Cave is and I think Whippoorwill Cave is nearby. I'm new to this forum, but it appears that giving out coordinates is a no no. Not sure why - someone please explain. I understand most caves are closed due to the WNS and I respect the Law. Thanks.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

sent you both a message.
ans015
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Whippoorwill CAVE Maddison county WMA

Post by ans015 »

I completely understand why people don't like giving out coordinates so that not jut anyone can google it and find it.. Heck that's what iv tried to do. I also greatly respect the enviroment and laws.. But I just don't see the point of closing the caves for an additional five years because of WBS..I try and clean up every cave I go to and pick up trash and such.. I also wash my clothes and shoes befor going to another cave..
ans015
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ans015 »

A cousin of mine showed me a good cave on some national forest land east of Seligman mo. Has any one heard of this cave? Does it have a name?
mg97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by mg97 »

Can someone send me the coordinate or directions to get into it also?
Tyrider92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Tyrider92 »

I have been looking for this cave for ever and I know it’s right under my nose! If anybody has the info would you please share it? I will trade!
Shotgunmac
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Shotgunmac »

I have been looking for this cave for a couple of years. I have found several in the area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Caver1990
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caver1990 »

:D
ans015 wrote: Wed May 13, 2015 2:58 pm Could someone please give me coordinates or directions to Whippoorwill cave. i have located many in the Maddison county WMA but this one seems to be the best in the area from what iv heard. iv been looking for it for months. Please Help!
Does anyone have any hints or general help with finding whippoorwill cave? Me and my brother found Pine Creek and the one below it. We drove my small sedan throughout the WMA yesterday, might as well consider it trail rated. Making a trip in search of whippoorwill now, wish me luck! :wink:
gxp
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by gxp »

Caver1990 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:35 am Does anyone have any hints or general help with finding whippoorwill cave? Me and my brother found Pine Creek and the one below it. We drove my small sedan throughout the WMA yesterday, might as well consider it trail rated. Making a trip in search of whippoorwill now, wish me luck! :wink:
How's your search going? I've found what I think to be Pine Creek in my search for the elusive Whipporwill. No luck in in finding Whipporwill. Also not sure if I'm in the correct area. Yesterday I saw a SUV parked in a weird spot off wma10. Going to scout that area soon.
Caver1990
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caver1990 »

I don’t live near Arkansas so my search was short but I’m bound to come back again! I wish this feed was more active considering it seems to be the most sought after cave in the area. I don’t know if you’re local or not, but if you find anything I’d appreciate a reply! Good luck!
hunterhusker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hunterhusker »

Our trip got cut short due to unforeseen circumstances, but we literally found it in three days. It wasn't hard to find at all. Gonna have to go back to get inside sometime.
Attachments
fun.jpg
fun.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 13564 times
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

hunterhusker wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:42 am Our trip got cut short due to unforeseen circumstances, but we literally found it in three days. It wasn't hard to find at all. Gonna have to go back to get inside sometime.
Cool! That looks like the wet entrance. If you go to explore, I'd recommend you figuring out where the dry entrance is. The wet entrance involves crawling through water filled passage with only a few inches of air near the ceiling.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
hunterhusker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hunterhusker »

Nicotti wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:58 am
hunterhusker wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:42 am Our trip got cut short due to unforeseen circumstances, but we literally found it in three days. It wasn't hard to find at all. Gonna have to go back to get inside sometime.
Cool! That looks like the wet entrance. If you go to explore, I'd recommend you figuring out where the dry entrance is. The wet entrance involves crawling through water filled passage with only a few inches of air near the ceiling.
Yuh, we're looking into a time to go back, its hard for us to search since we're from Iowa. That also limits our search time for the cave, but we have been using some lidar(I think, idk) maps to look for the Sassafras entrance from back in Iowa. I have a pretty good idea on the gps coords, just gotta go stand there to confirm it lol.
Crossfox
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Crossfox »

A little bit of leg work goes a long way. Found it after a few weeks of searching.