Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area

Post by l3ol3slost »

Does anyone know where 1 could find any large or extensive mines or mine shafts that they would b willing to PM me any locations? I live in springfield and looking for any within a 40 mile radius, i would appreciate it so much expecially on today christmas because i dont have anything to do this weekend. Thank you all for your time :) :) and Have a Merry Christmas
"ego sum, ego existo, quoties a me profertur, vel mente concipitur, necessario esse verum."
Pinballwiz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area

Post by Pinballwiz »

Sorry, I don't have any idea on any mines in the area.

But I've been researching the mines out in New Mexico and the abandoned 100 foot mine shafts out in the middle of nowhere. Just ready for someone to fall into. Real creepy stuff.
I'm into geocaching, pinball machines, card and coin magic, amateur radio and amateur astronomy.
Headframe Hunters
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area

Post by Headframe Hunters »

Pinballwiz wrote:Sorry, I don't have any idea on any mines in the area.

But I've been researching the mines out in New Mexico and the abandoned 100 foot mine shafts out in the middle of nowhere. Just ready for someone to fall into. Real creepy stuff.
You're lucky if they're only a hundred feet. I know of one in NM that's seven hundred feet to the water level, then three hundred feet of water. There are many, many more out there- the state of New Mexico doesn't have the money to destroy all the historic sites, only those where dumbass teenagers fall down a five-hundred-foot vertical shaft.

There's also a flooded shaft in MO that's got nearly 1500 feet of water and a solid concrete collar, but it has a (removable) cover.
In loving memory of Nichole - 12/4/1996 -- 12/1/2017

https://headframehunters.blogspot.com/
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Mines or accessable mine shafts in the area

Post by l3ol3slost »

I've been wanting to take a trip out to New Mexico for awhile to visit the atomic historic sites I can get away from work long enough,that mine u said is in MO with the "removable" cover,would you mind messaging me in the right direction to go poke around? If you don't mind :) I'll keep what info u share to myself for security and safety reasons
"ego sum, ego existo, quoties a me profertur, vel mente concipitur, necessario esse verum."