RIP Western Seminary

Urban exploration in Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RIP Western Seminary

Post by SubLunar »

Just learned on facebook that Western Seminary has burned down. Easily one of the coolest building exteriors I've ever seen. They don't make em like that anymore..

Snoopy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RIP Western Seminary

Post by Snoopy »

Wow, I'm surprised that its not on the news! I loved visiting that building every time I was checking out the castle. I finally went inside that building over the summer and I ran into a couple homeless people and a dog they were keeping; thats when I ducked out of there lol. Hopefully no one was hurt because those floors had huge holes and were really sketchy.
archinstl
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: RIP Western Seminary

Post by archinstl »

mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: RIP Western Seminary

Post by mindwaave »

Damn. I never did get to see the inside, even if it was mostly dark.
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: RIP Western Seminary

Post by SubLunar »

I did some research when I posted it to my blog a while back and found some interesting bits of information that I hadn't seen posted before. I also located some high res vintage B&W photos of the place but apparently I forgot to post them. I'll have to find those.

Inside was interesting. I was fortunate to explore it before it was all boarded up so you could actually see stuff.

I hear the place was really dangerous lately. I do recall one of the wooden staircases was beyond fucked. And things like this weird ceiling window probably didn't help keep the elements out. Image