America's Best Hotel

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

America's Best Hotel

Post by saintshithead »

The other day I was visiting the Acid Tunnels and I had to pee so I went to the closets place I thought I could. When my friends and I walked into the hotel, there was no one there. There was some cars outside so I assumed they were open, but there were no staff, or guests. Does anyone know what the status is on it? Is it closed for remodeling, or if the few cars were abandoned, or belonged to squatters? I figure remodeling is the most likely case, but it doesn't look like anything has changed with the building in the 10 months I've been visiting the acid tunnels.
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: America's Best Hotel

Post by RedRook »

It looks like the guy that owns Panda Laundry bought it in 2014. I remember this as Knight's Inn with purple roofs. The aerial photograph doesn't have purple roofs anymore. I haven't been by in person in a couple years. Is it America's Best now?

I haven't been enough to know what stage its in right now. If it has an America's Best sign out front, that's a national chain. Anyone can get in on the franchise locally. Just becaue the guy at Panda Laundry owns it, doesn't mean that he might not also be trying to open a hotel in the franchise. My best guess is they are getting it ready to reopen if its completely empty but not all boarded up.

By the way, check your messages.
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: America

Post by saintshithead »

thx man. btw I drove past it the other day, they're just reopening it, I guess. Weird that they left it open enough for me to walk around during remodeling, heh
Grimoire666
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: America's Best Hotel

Post by Grimoire666 »

I've noticed that place the last few times I went out to the acid tunnel. It's really eerie.. just a hangout for tweakers and vandals most likely. If it is running it's some shady business. I want to check it out once I know for sure if it's abandoned because it's well on its way. Plus you never see any construction