Woodlock Cemetary

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Woodlock Cemetary

Post by jammer_smith »

Woodlock cemetery is a pretty dang creepy place over towards Salem. Anyone ever been there? Back when I went through my Ghost Hunting phase that place was a crown jewel. Everyone said the place was haunted, and even skeptics said they got a very weird feeling out there. I have to say it is the second creepiest place I've ever been, but prolly mostly due to the setting. It's out in the middle of Nowhere on the very edge of national forest land. It's back down a dirt road outside of this tiny little town called Davisville. It's set up in a hillside with long stone steps leading up to it through a big stone archway. It's all overgrown. It has a few stone outbuildings, and it's not a very big cemetary, but the weirdest thing is that layout of the stones. The headstones are not in rows, they form a large circle, with one big headstone in the middle. The headstone in the middle has six slots around it, like holes in the ground for stakes. Apparently the Woodlock Family has some religious ceremony they preformed where they stuck torches in those holes and did a prayer when a new family member was being buried, always at night. Some say it was satanic, probably not tho, my bet is that they were just a really religious family and has some odd traditions.

It's defiantly worth going to see if you are in the Salem area.....Woodlock Cemetary, the Cherry Highschool, and the Sligo Ghost Town all together make the trip worth it.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Woodlock Cemetary

Post by slow_walker »

jammer, your posts are very interesting and you should definitely keep them coming.

But, you keep posting things in the "Springfield" forum that are about other towns in Missouri and not about Springfield. So, if you could post these things in the "Missouri" forum next time they might get more traffic. Some people who never have any reason to come to Springfield may not read the forum and then they are missing your posts.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Woodlock Cemetary

Post by Druakara »

Just a little note, Woodlock Cemetary is quite a distance from Salem, it's actually in Davisville Missouri. Your right, it is a very creepy place. (Catholic Family with members of the Freemasons as well as the sisterhood of the eastern star)
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

slow_walker wrote:jammer, your posts are very interesting and you should definitely keep them coming.

But, you keep posting things in the "Springfield" forum that are about other towns in Missouri and not about Springfield. So, if you could post these things in the "Missouri" forum next time they might get more traffic. Some people who never have any reason to come to Springfield may not read the forum and then they are missing your posts.
Gee, I hope I didn't offend jammer. It sounds a bit harsher than I meant it to.
Druakara
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Druakara »

Hopefully not, although the thread should probably moved to 'Missouri' rather than Springfield.
Rejoice for very bad things are about to happen. - Richard
BlueDot
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BlueDot »

jammer_smith, did you feel the cold spots? this guy that let me go up there was telling me about the mizpah arch. i asked him what it means. he says its in the bible. it's a covenant. our loved ones will be treated well on the other side, but its also a territory marker. Nothing is allowed back past the watch tower to do no harm. i know he was just messing with me, but i didn't see no watch tower, so that part stood out to me, place is creepy.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

A post on a ten year old thread, daaang. Well, it's been a long time since I was out there, but it was also at night, so I didn't really get a sense of anything other than my immediate surroundings, Might be a nice place to visit in the light of day sometime to get a better look, but that is a long drive.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
BlueDot
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by BlueDot »

i really need to go back at night. i was sensing something real, but there's something about being at these places at night that brings them to life. the owners have a good watch on the graves, get permission.