Is Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape Squatting?

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Is Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape Squatting?

Post by RedRook »

I personally like to explore land that people temporarily don't care about. One idea was to go through the county owned land and look for things that don't look like they are actively used by the county. In doing so, I came across a very odd case:

https://beaconbeta.schneidercorp.com/Ap ... 1825200019

So this is the current address of Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape, LLC. They aren't new there either.
http://www.springfieldgardenslawnandlan ... landscape/

So, how is this possible. Did this company do what I'm doing, and they just decided to move in on a plot of land the county forgot about? Did the county just forget to update the beacon page after selling the property? Anyone have a clue how there is a private company on county land?

Is the movement of disseisors gleefully taking over land through adverse possession growing? I so hope this is the case. I've been thinking for a while that some coordinated squatting could make this city infinitely more interesting.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Is Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape Squatting?

Post by Nicotti »

How do you know they aren't new there?

That beacon record was last updated on 8/4/2014.

As of 6/5/2013 that address belonged to Accent Curbz.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Is Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape Squatting?

Post by RedRook »

I know I've seen them early this year, but yeah I missed the update was all the way back in 2014. Maybe the county is just really bad at updating property they sold. About a year ago, I was questioning if it was abandoned. The property looks extremely run down and its attached to land owned by an absent investment company in KC that looks like it would own this structure too from the ground. The equipment and vehicles were obviously currently being used, so I stayed away. That takes away the usefulness of looking for county land. How am I supposed to know if anyone owns the property if the Beacon can go over a year without matching the current owner.
Jesta
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Is Springfield Gardens Lawn and Landscape Squatting?

Post by Jesta »

Beacon isn't always up to date, if you want correct information get it from the assessor's office directly by visiting.

Often times when a parcel is sold it will just show up as all info blank and I assume that means it needs to be updated but hasn't been.