This may have been mentioned before...

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
overpaid
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

This may have been mentioned before...

Post by overpaid »

My xanga just got spammed. :)

There is a HUGE strip mine on the southwest side of town, just behind the Skateland over by IHOP and Walmart, off of Glenstone. It's still operating, but the place is so big there has to be some abandoned parts that might be interesting. I've never gone in myself but it looks cool. There'd probably be issues with trespassing, though.

Also, I wonder if there's a way into the Springfield underground?

Edit- One more thing. The Evangel campus used to be a military hospital or something, and supposedly all the older buildings are connected by underground tunnels.
Last edited by overpaid on Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: This may have been mentioned before...

Post by Willard »

It is actually abandonded, but the Ash Grove Lime Company that ownes it (I think that's the Company that ownes it) won't let anyone in it because the tunnels are to dangerous to go in.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: This may have been mentioned before...

Post by White Rabbit »

overpaid wrote:There is a HUGE strip mine on the southwest side of town, just behind the Skateland over by IHOP and Walmart, off of Glenstone. It's still operating, but the place is so big there has to be some abandoned parts that might be interesting. I've never gone in myself but it looks cool. There'd probably be issues with trespassing, though.
There actually is an abandoned underground section over there, but the only entrance they haven't sealed up is right in the middle of the quarry. Not 100% sure, but I think people are there all night. And they won't give a tour of the underground part--I tried.
Also, I wonder if there's a way into the Springfield underground?
This one would just be easier to do legally, believe me. They have stuff like marathons and stuff inside sometimes anyway, so it wouldn't be that hard to check it out with permission.
Last edited by White Rabbit on Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: This may have been mentioned before...

Post by Anne »

I live near that quary(sp?) and yea people are usually there. I've never tried to get into it or anything and plus they have sonic blasts once in awhile so that's kind of freaky. And I think there's cameras posted around.