Castle Law

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Castle Law

Post by saintshithead »

Does anyone here have the story on what the "castle law" building in the industrial district, north of downtown is? It's that white building with Castle Law spray painted on it in black, and circled/labeled security camera. I drive past it all the time, and see the Hotel of Terror hearse outside, as well as a red truck, and a blue jeep. I'm quite curious.

Here's a link to the street view: https://goo.gl/maps/aYJJhR4CQ1Q2
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Castle Law

Post by RedRook »

According to it's GIS this is currently owned by Slaughterhouse Productions LLC. Surprisingly they've password protected all of the Beacon information from the Greene County Assessor, which is unusual. It seems related to the people who own the Hotel of Terror, and apparently they want to make sure you know that they will shoot people that trespass with protection from the castle law.

When people are crazy enough to advertise in spray paint on their own place all around the perimeter of the building that they feel protected in shooting you, and they have the below picture of themselves portraying to the world who they are, I might think twice about trespassing in their place. Though to be fair, chances are it's probably mostly storage for their seasonal haunted house, and they are used to people stealing stuff.
Attachments
Profile.jpg
Profile.jpg (6.27 KiB) Viewed 13089 times
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Castle Law

Post by BagHead727 »

Lol at the "No Tresspass"

They can't even spell it correctly. Also, I don't see any security cameras... Look's like a cool property though. I'd go for it
aka "That Guy"
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by saintshithead »

It has places on the building circled and "security camera" but who knows. I'd totally be down if it wasn't always crawling with creepy dudes. I don't really feel safe here yet because I haven't built up a crew since I've moved to Springfield so we'll see B}
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Shoot it's tough finding people to explore with. Most of my close friends are military and law enforcement so they can't really take those sort of risks. Then the people who always want to come with me are people I don't have enough confidence in to take to those risky locations. I have plans to do some exploring down in SW MO on my next free thursday/friday. You can tag along if you want.
aka "That Guy"
urbannatural
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by urbannatural »

If you end up in lower SW mo, hit me up. could show you a few things!!
stone balance artist, explorer, climber, cook...
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Absolutely. Looks like for me it will have to be a friday since I neither work nor have class on Fridays
aka "That Guy"
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by saintshithead »

Holy crap yeah!! I have a busy weekend schedule because my sister's getting married, but I want to know if there's any chance I could accompany, I feel rusty tbh it's been too long
Maggs
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Maggs »

If people are planning on meeting up I'd love to join! I've been meaning to explore more and I'd love to see new places.
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by saintshithead »

For those curious, apparently in 2005 underground Ozarks explorers had already been here! http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... sc&start=0

The building used to be called Houn Dawg (You can still see the signage on the back of the the plant)
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Sorry to bump an old thread.

But unless this is their dwelling, ie they LIVE here, they have no right to shoot or even detain you. Just FYI. Castle Law only applies to your dwelling.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I agree they can't legally shoot you unless you're displaying some sort of weapon, but they probably can detain you. Just think of any other private business. If the owner/management believes you have stolen something or vandalized something, they can detain you until police arrive.
aka "That Guy"
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

nope, they can't detain you either. If they do, you can get them for unlawful detainment or some such thing. No joke. I've researched this in Missouri Revised Statutes.

A store manager does not have that right, nor does a regular joe private property owner. Only authorized security guards can do this. Which is why I always run from security guards.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Just plain wrong.
aka "That Guy"
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

I've literally taken training on this at work. Where I work we have specific associates who are trained and allowed to detain customers. My parents, as business owners, have also detained dozens of customers until police have arrived.

You couldn't be anymore mistaken, Sub.
aka "That Guy"