Central Bible College Closed and For Sale

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Central Bible College Closed and For Sale

Post by jammer_smith »

I did not know the CBC had closed. Apparently it got merged with Evangel University and the campus north of town has been closed since fall 2013, but just recently went up for sale. There are big for sale sign in the lawn.

I drove around it a bit yesterday and while it was mostly empty there was a little league game at the ball field on the hill behind the school, a few people at the little "quad" area on the campus having a a lunch, and I saw one security guard wandering around.

So it looks like the place is mostly closed but still has some activity and is patrolled.

I imagine it will sit abandoned for a while because an old college is something no body would need to buy, and also, the land isn't ideally positioned enough to be worth the expense of tearing down a whole college campus to put a housing development there.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
The Junkyard Dawg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Central Bible College Closed and For Sale

Post by The Junkyard Dawg »

Like Evangel, CBC is owned by Assemblies of God. Which obviously is headquarted in Springfield Missouri. Evangel, at least one point in time had issued $24 million in bonds. Which is on the verge of disqualifying their students from receiving federal student aid. So it seems to me that that must be the reason The Assemblies of God decided to sell off CBC. That being to raise cash
The Junkyard Dawg
The Junkyard Dawg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Central Bible College Closed and For Sale

Post by The Junkyard Dawg »

The way OTC s gaining students, it would almost be cool if OTC could come up with the cash to take the place over as a satellite campus. Or perhaps the fairgrounds could use the buildings for some type of expansion of their opration
The Junkyard Dawg