The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by mindwaave »

carl wrote:Well I can't get pics to upload. Great
Uploading images to Imgur is very simple. Once uploaded, link them here using IMG tags, like this.
Preservation over plunder.
S.T.O.P
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by S.T.O.P »

Has anyone found out the name of the old hospital?
Seeking the Ozark Paranormal
S.T.O.P
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by S.T.O.P »

[quote="SubLunar"]I think what happens is people get themselves worked up about it and then assume anything weird is a haunting, rather than an explainable noise or event. But I would love to be wrong..
Seeking the Ozark Paranormal
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by SubLunar »

6 pages of thread and not a single interior photo.

It's like a bad dream that never ends. I keep thinking I woke up but then someone else posts a comment in this thread and the nightmare starts all over again.
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

Well go back to sleep, because I just tried to upload my own pics of this place and a couple of them were inside one of the rooms at the back of the building. I tried loading them on Imgur as someone suggested here. It was a pain in the azz and I couldn't bring up Imgur when I came back to here. Try loading pics from my iPhone gallery and it says there too big, and I can't reduce the size of pics without chopping some of the pic away. So,yes, your having a nightmare and now I am too apparently.
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

If there is anyone on here that doesn't mind leaving an email that would know how to get these pics on here, I can email them to you.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

You made it past the shark lasers? Hot damn!

First, try experimenting with linking photos here. It takes a little bit of trickery. Right click on any image on the internet. Select "copy image address" or similar menu choice. Then paste that here.

http://i.imgur.com/myeM5BK.jpg

But wait, there's more. Select the entire URL you just pasted, then click the [IMG] box above the comment section. It will automatically put IMG tags around your image address. Then submit your comment and the image will appear. Note that I disabled BBCode in my comment so you could see the code that goes into this. If I didn't disable the code, then you would see an image below this paragraph, but instead you see the code itself that comprises the image.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/myeM5BK.jpg[/img]

Once you get that down, try it with your images.
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

Thanks for the info Sub. Will all this still work if using an iPhone? It's all I have.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

if you uploaded your images to imgur, then you'd go to your imgur album and repeat the above process for each photo you wish to share. Using a photo sharing site like imgur or photobucket or flickr, etc, is the only way to link images here. Otherwise, you have to resize them really small to upload them to this site and no-one really does that anymore, that's an outdated feature that doesn't work well for the size of the images we're dealing with these days.

If you took the photos with your iphone, then it should be roughly the same process, you'd still have to upload the images to a place like imgur, but after that it'd probably easier to share the images/use this forum on an actual computer rather than the phone due to all the clicking and whatnot involved.
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

Thanks Sub
Strattp16
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Strattp16 »

So, my mom has been looking at this property for a few years now and is finally interested in purchasing it and turning it back into a functioning B&B. We know its haunted and we are prepared for that: she is very interested in the paranormal and I am a novice ghost hunter. We went there and took a look around (well, I looked around she stayed outside) and it has only magnified our interest in the place and even with the little amount of time I spent inside I already have an experience or two with the old residence. So, my question is; what would be the general thought of it opening one floor at a time as renovations where completed? do you think it would be a very viable endevour for us?
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

I think it would be somewhat, mainly because of its history and its appearance, but Lake Taneycomo isn't extremely popular like it was before Table Rock Lake was created. But I would definitely check it out.

P.s.--- Sublunar, still trying to get pics on here. This iPhone isn't helping. Got a lap top in pawn, I will try that when I get a chance. I did get an email from someone on here that said he would try to get them on. Said his Grandfather was superintendent of Powersite Damn in the 60's, which is just down the road. Said he spent every summer there as a kid, and his Grandmother used to take him to a doctor there when it was an old folks home.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by mindwaave »

Strattp16 wrote:general thought of it opening one floor at a time as renovations where completed? do you think it would be a very viable endevour for us?
Just as long as you let us into the place before the work starts! :)
Preservation over plunder.
Strattp16
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Strattp16 »

We were considering that. Since nobody will or can figure out how to post we thought that if she bought it than she would open it up periodically for 5-10 bucks a person to come explore and take as many pictures as you want.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I've determined that this location does not actually exist. It was what analytical psychologists refer to as a "collective dream". We all imagined it. As soon as we stop imagining it, then we will become well again and the memories of this place will fade away into our subconsciousness where it will lay dormant until such time as it chooses to manifest itself once again. Now, shhhhh.. close your eyes... picture The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B... imagine it fading away, slowly at first.. it becomes slightly transparent and it breaks down from a solid mass into its suspended molecular components... slowly dissipating like a fog... the mist fades away completely... there's nothing left.. you're in a safe place... you walk towards the door and open it... it's bright outside... you open your eyes... and now you've stepped back into reality. Welcome back, friend. There's no B&B's here but there's probably a hotel down the street a ways.