Cement Land

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Cement Land

Post by Pepster »

Yeah we ran into two dudes, talked to them for a bit on the roof one was from KC. Then we saw two other people a girl and a guy, we thought they were tagging because we saw the girl spraying a can but they said they were just exploring. And yeah no security. We were there for over 2 hours.
MonkeyKing
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by MonkeyKing »

I will be posting my pictures very soon.
Why did Lucy fall off the swing set? She had no arms. Knock knock. Who's there? NOT LUCY
Maggs
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Cement Land

Post by Maggs »

Made it out there the other weekend. We got caught but it was so worth it. Thought I'd share some photos.
Creepy crate of ties
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Cement Land

Post by BagHead727 »

Maggs wrote:We got caught but it was so worth it.
Just get a stern talking to or did you get a fine? Because a fine definitely wouldn't be worth it. After all is said and done, those will cost you over $300. And I bet you parked at the park, didn't you?
aka "That Guy"
Maggs
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Maggs »

We didn't get fined for trespassing on the actual property, but we did get fined from the railroad for crossing the tracks. It was only $100 though. At least the police had pitty on us.
cdevon1200
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cdevon1200 »

this place is still kinda hot?
leave nothing but beer cans, take nothing but selfies.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasDoor
MonkeyKing
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by MonkeyKing »

I don't see how so many people get caught here. I've never been close to caught here.
Why did Lucy fall off the swing set? She had no arms. Knock knock. Who's there? NOT LUCY
CaptainAtlas
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by CaptainAtlas »

Beware of police. Went last time. Two idiot teenagers (looked like a couple) were standing on top of structures in plain view of all surrounding highways. Cop went over to patrol just before we got close to the entry point. Stopped us because we're white, saying whites only.come for drugs or break in. We turned around.

PLEASE do not ruin this for the rest of us. Even if you're new to it. Use common sense. Don't flaunt your presence. The young couple had the cops lurking when we didn't see a single one previously aafter 30 minutes of scouting.
geometry
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by geometry »

Went today. First Urbex experience.

No police presence and pretty confident a RR worker saw us on the way in. Didn't know you could get a fine from the RR. Glad we didn't. Bumped into a small, shy group of teens.

Loved it. RIP Cassilly.
SimonSays
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by SimonSays »

Meant to post this 9 weeks ago but never got around. There is an active alarm on the property. Please read:

Went to Cementland on April 4. My friend and I were driving up to the property along Riverview Dr, when we saw 3 teens dart across the 4 lane road and run up the massive hill to enter the property. NOT THE CORRECT WAY TO ENTER. These idiots were completely visible - this is a busy stretch of road. She and I continued to drive and entered via the railroad tracks.

After two hours on the property, my friend and I were atop the castle structure and noted the 3 teens we saw earlier were entering the one building on the property that specifically says DO NOT ENTER - this is the 1 story building in the center of the property (that caught fire on Aug 22, 2014). Within 20 minutes of those idiots being in that building, they set off some wailing siren and scattered like little bitches.

I can only assume the 3 idiots tried to enter some locked room or perhaps began smoking in there? I'm not sure but the siren continued, so she and I ran out of there.

Sadly, this cut our first trip to Cementland short.

Word of Advice: Don't enter the 1 story building in the middle of the property. There is some sort of siren in there.

Also, lets start profiling. These 3 idiots were white boys wearing cut off tees and backwards flat bills - not your usual "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints" urban explorer. If you see people like this, scare them off by acting like you own the property or something. I really wish we did that.

Bob Cassilly, you meant everything to me. Miss you
Cementland Veteran
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

thanks for the information.
Maggs
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Maggs »

I entered that building in the middle of the property when I went and there must have been some kind of motion sensor because once I got to about the middle of the building, the alarm sounded.
We should've realized that it wasn't smart to be hanging out in that building because its full of clothing, sculptures, vehicles and other miscellaneous objects. It was kind of eerie.
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

all the times i was there, that building always had a large padlock on it. tested it for a second but there's so much else to see that i wasn't really worried about getting in.

i kind of see cement land as a place that Bob wants/wanted us to explore and if that means they need a building to house the valuable stuff i will respect that. the last thing i want is them to take keeping people out of there more seriously.
ultimate lurker
ccsucher
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by ccsucher »

The two times I went there in early 2014 that single story building was sealed pretty good. I did find a way across the moat and there was a window I could have crawled into. But from what I could see in the window it was not worth the time when there is so much to see outside. Hope to go back later this year or early next year before overgrowth takes over.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CS-Photo ... 7629649444
Beatlepants
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Beatlepants »