Uhhhh Need Motivation

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Uhhhh Need Motivation

Post by cturboaddict »

Hey everyone. Been a while since I posted, life has been busy as hell. Most recently been slowly reminded of exploring and pictcha taking.

So, can I ask (so I can get motivated to charge my batteries and bury myself in some research)....
Share your favorite photo from this year so far???

Thanks everyone- and do those who I've explored with here. Thanks for all the fun times!
I Can't find the Cursive Font... WTF
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Uhhhh Need Motivation

Post by SubLunar »

There's cool shit out there! How's that for motivation?

I've done a lot of stupid shit lately, hasn't all been local though..
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Uhhhh Need Motivation

Post by cturboaddict »

SubLunar wrote:There's cool shit out there! How's that for motivation?

I've done a lot of stupid shit lately, hasn't all been local though..
That's great motivation Sub. LOL
Guess noone wants to share some photos. :(

I see your stuff bud. I check the blog from time to time. You and Mandy are the only thing really keeping me motivated at all. LOL
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

There have been tons of schools opening up lately, they're even giving tours. If you're into that sort of thing. Some of the old familiar places are still around.

I'm always working on my local to-do list, but you can only spend so much time in a city the size of STL before you start running around in circles over the same ground.. which is why I've been branching out and I've been busy. I can share some of my photos of the past year but I'm guessing you're looking for other people to chime in. But ever since facebook became a thing, people have been abandoning forums like ours en masse. So don't expect a lot of responses around here, all the kids are on facebook/instagram these days.

There's always something opening up somewhere. New stuff to discover. It's just not always around here..
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cturboaddict »

SubLunar wrote:There have been tons of schools opening up lately, they're even giving tours. If you're into that sort of thing. Some of the old familiar places are still around.

I'm always working on my local to-do list, but you can only spend so much time in a city the size of STL before you start running around in circles over the same ground.. which is why I've been branching out and I've been busy. I can share some of my photos of the past year but I'm guessing you're looking for other people to chime in. But ever since facebook became a thing, people have been abandoning forums like ours en masse. So don't expect a lot of responses around here, all the kids are on facebook/instagram these days.

There's always something opening up somewhere. New stuff to discover. It's just not always around here..
Yeah, I know FB is where it's at. It's easier, everyone is there.

I guess I guess what I'm looking for was something to help inspire the research. It's probably my weakest point. To be honest, most of the graffiti tainted walls of downtown don't entice me. It's probably where the lack luster began.

I have a week off of work starting tomorrow, so I'll have a bit of time to search and look for leads.

I didn't know it kinda ran dry in here. But that's okay. Not really into the walking tours, but I know some people that are. Which ones opened up to those things?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

cturboaddict wrote:To be honest, most of the graffiti tainted walls of downtown don't entice me. It's probably where the lack luster began.
Yeah I'm not interested in graffiti. When it's done on a nice old historic building, I think it's insanely disrespectful to the history of that building and to our city in general. Property ownership aside, the buildings themselves are often defenseless and, in my opinion, already works of art and deserve to be treated with respect. Empty warehouses are one thing-paint em up, doesn't bother me-but historic old buildings deserve better treatment than that. Like what happened to the funeral home, for example. There's no justification for that and the only result is that much more reason for the local authorities to justify demolition or other extreme measures that otherwise might not have been taken.
cturboaddict wrote:Which ones opened up to those things?
Honestly I have no idea. We could spend months just exploring all the vacant schools around here. But schools have never registered high enough on my wish list for me to have time for them. My taste for adventure leads me elsewhere.
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cturboaddict »

Agreed, and agreed.
My first school, which is local to my home. Was one of my favorites. But I find the repeating rooms to become bland.
GummyBearSquire
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GummyBearSquire »

These photos are recent posts to the forum but they are some of my favorites that I have.

Saint Mary's is very cool and the last two photos here are from a school.

We Got This for $1 at Goodwill
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cturboaddict »

Very nice!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Uhhhh Need Motivation

Post by Nicotti »

Sadly I'm pretty inactive these days urbex-wise. Haven't even stayed up-to-date on the forum. :|
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
foto
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by foto »

I haven't been urban exploring in quite some time either as well as being on the forum. My brother and I are going out tomorrow to check out a few things. Will definitely report back. I plan on doing more of these types of things as we go into September and October since a lot of insects will be disappearing and the weather gets cooler.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

..and I can only do the really low profile stuff lately.

I still do a fair amount of research/theorizing with folks, though.