Caves to explore in NWA

Urban exploration in Arkansas
moarkexplorer
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Caves to explore in NWA

Post by moarkexplorer »

Hi all, I've been browsing this site here and there for a few years, and finally decided to post. I've become much of an outdoor explorer over the last couple years, and have grown a major fascination with caves. It seems though, that I'm a few years behind, and all the public caves are closed due to white nose syndrome. Anyways, just wondering if anyone would be comfortable with sharing any locations that would be good for a couple people who are fairly new to caves to explore. I would even be up for meeting up and going together if you don't feel comfortable giving out locations to strangers over the internet. In fact it would almost be preferable. I'd love to meet some new people who are into this stuff as well.
hogtexan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Caves to explore in NWA

Post by hogtexan »

Lost Valley south of Ponca, Ark. in the Buffalo River National Park is a nice hike and contains both shelter and conventional caves. Plus waterfalls, etc. Free entry and open to public.
moarkexplorer
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Caves to explore in NWA

Post by moarkexplorer »

Hogtexan, I've been there twice now, and may visit again tomorrow. It's an awesome place and actually one of the areas that sparked my interest further. Thank you for the suggestion though.