Greene County Caves

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
HannahLeigh417
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Greene County Caves

Post by HannahLeigh417 »

I stumbled across a Google maps link the other day, I believe on this website, to a lot of caves in Greene County. A poster had mapped out all the caves that they had been to. I found Stalactite Cave today at Lost Hill Park, and explored In and Out cave, but I want to see Devil's Slide. Can anyone please help me find this link?!
HannahLeigh417
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Greene County Caves

Post by HannahLeigh417 »

Never mind, I found it :)
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Hey, that's my map. I think. Link me please. Also, how/where did you find it, access is supposed to be restricted.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
HannahLeigh417
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by HannahLeigh417 »

Oh, the powers of Google :)
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

There are two versions floating around out there accessible by simple google search. That is not cool, I thought I set it to not index in google searches. I will have to fix that.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
HannahLeigh417
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Greene County Caves

Post by HannahLeigh417 »

Well I'm glad I found it, cause I don't think anyone was gonna help me out.. Thanks for making it :)
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

People are usually fine with helping once there is a little trust and they understand you are not some punk with a can of spray paint that will go trash the pretty places or piss off property owners and lead to extra hostility.

Also most people on here will gladly share a handful of easy/well know/beginner locations that are still cool, but where you can't get in too much trouble, while keeping the more pristine or difficult to access locations a little more guarded.

That doesn't mean all the best places are necessarily protected info. For example Ash Grove cave is the biggest and best cave in the whole county, and it is usually one of the first people direct you to. Meanwhile Coyote Cave is very short, but it's also very clean and pristine and also in the middle of a very rich neighborhood, so that location is a little more guarded and a bunch of people sneaking out to it will probably just result in it being vandalized and/or gated.