Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Urban exploration in Missouri
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by lgoodin88 »

You're on it! That guy took the Springfield Underground, a place where I'm fairly certain you can tour and even rent space out of and turned it into a big thing. What a nut!

Meanwhile, every time I make the drive from Branson to Springfield I see that gigantic, out of place eyesore in the middle of the Ozark Mountains. How crazy. On America Declassified this Pensmore guy did openly say he worked for the CIA. I honestly just think he's really into Castles, but apparently there's a dark, brooding agenda.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by Nicotti »

More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
saintshithead
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by saintshithead »

Holy shit. That's the coolest thing I've ever heard. But also like; why build something like that- mostly why build it there?
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by RedRook »

saintshithead wrote:Holy shit. That's the coolest thing I've ever heard. But also like; why build something like that- mostly why build it there?
It's kind of a mix between a show room and a laboratory. TF Forming Systems is behind most of it, and they are trying many new ideas for the first time. They have rich clients that want the latest in environmentally friendly construction and home security systems. The place features a wide variety of techniques to accomplish both of these goals throughout the house. The primary reason for the location is actually the temperature and the storms. Missouri has a wide swing in temperature from Summer to Winter letting them test energy efficiency in both cold and hot extremes. It also has a high likelihood of facing tornadoes, and the hope is this structure is tornado proof. A new type of concrete was used that should be more flexible then traditional reinforced concrete with the same strength. It should also side step some of the weathering problems reinforced concrete tends to suffer from. They did go a little big on scale, but then the major contributor has very deep pockets. He used to do a lot of work with the NSA, but these days he's more interested in physically building things that will last long after he's gone.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by Nicotti »

RedRook wrote:He used to do a lot of work with the NSA, but these days he's more interested in physically building things...
To hide as his NSA secrets in.

RedRook wrote:...that will last long after he's gone.
And long after most of the Earth's human population has been killed by those secrets.

Duh Duh DOOOONE!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Large mansion being built in Christian Co

Post by slow_walker »

new story on Pensmore with quite a bit more background about the owner:

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/l ... /78215972/