arkansas cave aka beauty cave?

Urban exploration in Arkansas
cavejunkies
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

arkansas cave aka beauty cave?

Post by cavejunkies »

been trying to gather info befor trying this expedition,but i've heard there are many back doors to arkansas cave, heard you might be able to access threw bat cave near Indiand rock house cave,not sure how much truth is to that,but if any one knows a easier way or any info on arkansas cave please shout
Andy20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: arkansas cave aka beauty cave?

Post by Andy20 »

If you find out let me know, I just joined the forums and im looking to find a group to explore with.
cavejunkies
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cavejunkies »

hopefully this fall and winter we'll get alot of time to camp and cave the buffalo river area, lot neat holes to explore lol
Andy20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: arkansas cave aka beauty cave?

Post by Andy20 »

are you in the central arkansas area?
Andy20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Andy20 »

Found it on the internet it is near Ponca thats all I could find.
cavejunkies
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cavejunkies »

i've been out there once befor, we hiked to indian rock house cave, if you go up creek from there for another mile, it takes you to bat cave, that i have not yet been to, i caught a video online , i think u-tube probably, it goes back aways , then reaches what they describe as a valley inside the cave , my understanding Arkansas cave aka Beauty cave is 30 miles long on the US listing as 3rd in longest caves,its been rumored to have multible entrances , a few watched and locked , and a few that are way to big to cage up lmao, however if there is a " VALLEY " in there, arkansas cave encompases alot of the buffalo river, along the way to indian rock house cave theres a old mine that has a sign recomending people stay out, but not caged, and another cave befor you reach indian rock house cave
Andy20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Andy20 »

Yeah i saw it on a exploring arkansas video on youtube it said the bat cave is closed completely or I think 9 months out of the year. If you live in the central arkansas area could you meet up sometime? I would really like to explore the cave.
Andy20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Andy20 »

Yeah i saw it on a exploring arkansas video on youtube it said the bat cave is closed completely or I think 9 months out of the year. If you live in the central arkansas area could you meet up sometime? I would really like to explore the cave.
m0ridin
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by m0ridin »

Last I heard most caves around the state are still closed or tightly regulated due to the increase in white-nose fungus related deaths among bats around the state.
cavejunkies
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cavejunkies »

last i was aware of , arkansas is just preparing, there hasnt been any confirmed cases in arkansas of WNS. but then that was a few months ago, as for the cave lmfao, the state dont have enough funding to watch 28 miles of cave lol
m0ridin
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Re: RE: arkansas cave aka beauty cave?

Post by m0ridin »

cavejunkies wrote:last i was aware of , arkansas is just preparing, there hasnt been any confirmed cases in arkansas of WNS. but then that was a few months ago, as for the cave lmfao, the state dont have enough funding to watch 28 miles of cave lol
You're correct: there have been no confirmed cases (luckily) as of last year http://freshare.net/article/white_nose_ ... Doqo3i9X3w

However, the article doesn't mention any re-opening.. and I know for a fact that several cave systems were closed down in 2009 http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/closin ... id=1012991

So be careful, not familiar with that cave specifically so I don't know what types of security/monitoring is in place.
hogtexan
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by hogtexan »

Beauty Cave is better known as Fitton Cave and is located approx. 2 miles east of Compton, Ark. It is gated but I understand permits are available for experienced groups. Look at the end of County Road 443 on Google Earth.