Pole Shift/Ozarks

You can talk about anything here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Pole Shift/Ozarks

Post by Nicotti »

At least he knows sentence structure and punctuation. You City would just post a giant block of text, all basically one sentence.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

WhiteHatHacker wrote:The whole idea isn't totally impossible. And yes most star systems are dual.
It is impossible, and it's pretty simple to wrap your head around why. If the moon was as far as Jupiter, it would be smaller than the tip of a pin in the sky that you could not see with the human eye. The size of a round object in the sky decreases on a 1:1 ratio based on distance. This is why perspective approaching a vanishing point is drawn with straight lines. So when you get to the point you need a telescope, you are getting a good representation of just how far the moon has moved away.

Gravity is worse then this. Gravity decreases by a power of 2 relative to the distance. So if the moon was half the size in the sky, it's gravitational effect on earth would actually be 1/4 of what it previously was. The moon at the distance of Jupiter is now smaller than the tip of a pin, so you can just imagine squaring that fraction and seeing how little a far away moon does to the earth. This is why Jupiter has so little effect on us. Sure, close to earth, it would be both massive in the sky and a huge gravitational factor, when it has reached a pinhead size in the sky, it's gravitational effect has become tiny. I've seen an estimate that at it's peak, it pulls as much as a compact car pulls on the earth from it's surface, and moving something that insignificant has no effect on us.

So you are talking about something that is so far away, that it is invisible to the naked eye and extremely difficult to find with telescopes. It has to be much bigger than the moon, because the moon causes none of the problems people think Planet X will cause. You have to take the ratio of something much larger than the moon to something microscopic in the sky, and square that ratio, and that is how much it's gravitational effect will decrease. The moon at best would change in apparent size by about 15,000 times at Pluto's closest distance. That means you need an object that is 225 Million times more massive than the moon, just to have the non-consequential effects the moon has. Jupiter is only 25,000 times more massive than the moon, and it has the pull of a compact car at a much smaller distance.

The only way something both big enough to have an effect greater than the moon and have that object remain invisible is if we are close enough to a black hole that it is having noticeable effects on earth. Then we should be watching the solar system getting ripped apart as it gets sucked in. Most of the outer planets should have already been pulled out of orbit around the sun. It is very impossible that an undetectable planet is having any noticeable gravitational effect on us.
s.sisco
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by s.sisco »

Holy shit panic I am laughing my ass off! :mrgreen:
Btw I'm a douche. That is all...
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

RedRook wrote:
WhiteHatHacker wrote:The whole idea isn't totally impossible. And yes most star systems are dual.
It is impossible... gravitational effect on us.
Oh I thought the whole Planet X affecting us thing was cause it was supposed to have some funky orbit that crosses the inner planets plane and so it would come near enough to the Earth to affect it. Granted if that were true it should have crossed that plane within an observable history, or there would be evidence in the geologic history of the planet of such things.

Or maybe they think it's like a rogue planet that got flung out of it's orbit by some unknown method, idk what though.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb if peeps are thinking there's some planet way out there that is gravitationally affecting the Earth right now.

-Ayn Rand
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

Nicotti wrote:
RedRook wrote:
It is impossible... gravitational effect on us.
Oh I thought the whole Planet X affecting us thing was cause it was supposed to have some funky orbit that crosses the inner planets plane and so it would come near enough to the Earth to affect it. Granted if that were true it should have crossed that plane within an observable history, or there would be evidence in the geologic history of the planet of such things.

Or maybe they think it's like a rogue planet that got flung out of it's orbit by some unknown method, idk what though.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb if peeps are thinking there's some planet way out there that is gravitationally affecting the Earth right now.
Yeah, no matter what, we're talking about a purely hypothetical thing that no one has detected. If we start throwing around the idea that someone knows the orbit of this thing, then we have to also assume that someone knows where to find this thing in the sky. That's the root of the problem of this type of conspiracy theory. We have to assume we know both nothing and everything at the same time.
Meester Beeg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Meester Beeg »

Saying a dwarf planet isn't a planet is like saying oral sex isn't sex or a dwarf person isn't a person.

But I had a person say to me once, "Your head is up Uranus". :P
Beware the Black Widows...feared throughout the land!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Meester Beeg wrote:Saying a dwarf planet isn't a planet is like saying a dwarf person isn't a person.
By that logic, dwarf planets prefer to be referred to as "Little Planets".

-Ayn Rand
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Nicotti wrote:
Meester Beeg wrote:Saying a dwarf planet isn't a planet is like saying a dwarf person isn't a person.
By that logic, dwarf planets prefer to be referred to as "Little Planets".
I'm still waiting for GC to file his report on whether or not dwarves have normal human sized turds or little turds.
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Meester Beeg wrote:Saying a dwarf planet isn't a planet is like saying oral sex isn't sex or a dwarf person isn't a person.

But I had a person say to me once, "Your head is up Uranus". :P

you do knwo that our once leader has said that oral sex is not sex no matter how much seaman is on her blue dress
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead