Busiek State Forest Caves

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
Semipaw
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Busiek State Forest Caves

Post by Semipaw »

I was just wondering if anybody has knowledge of caves within Busiek State Forest. I have spent many years wandering off trail at Busiek and have located two caves west of Highway 65 and would love to know if anybody knows of any others.

I have explored one, but the other requires a bellycrawl at the opening and I wasn't prepared for an exploration that day.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Re: Busiek State Forest Caves

Post by jammer_smith »

Hey, I have been looking for the caves in Busiek forever and have never found them. I always looked way back away from the highway in the remote parts of the park. Can you perhaps get me googlemap coords that will put me close to them?

If you can share those cave locations with me I'll exchange you some other local cave spots.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Semipaw
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Busiek State Forest Caves

Post by Semipaw »

I will PM you with coordinates to the one I have explored later this evening. I am going to explore the one that requires a bellycrawl at the opening this weekend, and once I check it out thoroughly I will PM you with those coordinates and a description of whether it is worth exploring or not.

The one I have already explored is rather neat. It is not a complex cave with long passages, but is rather neat. The opening to that one is about 3.5 feet high by three feet wide, but once inside it opens up nicely into a room with a ceiling of 4.5 to 5 feet high. The opening room is roughly forty feet by forty feet. We saw a hibernating bat attached to the ceiling while inside that room, but did not go near it.

It does require a rather difficult bushwack up a very steep hill to get to the entrance. I had to use trees and roots to pull myself up to the spot. My nine year old daughter had an easier time getting up to the spot than I did.
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Please do. Every time I have hiked Busiek the terrain just screams "CAVES!" but I can't seem to find any.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

jammer_smith wrote:Every time I have hiked Busiek the terrain just screams "CAVES!" but I can't seem to find any.
That's cause the lizardmen don't want you to find the secret cave network under Pensmore. The cave network they are hiding in and slowly taking over the world from.

Duh.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Common misconception. Lizardmen (more properly known as reptoids) are just the enforcement/soldier arm. The brains are the grays. Interesting fact: Reptoids are actually originally from earth, descended from a small group of therapsid synapsids picked up by the grays on a drive by during the early mesozoic. Who knew?
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

Man.....conspiracy theorists are so fucking smart.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BROUSER wrote:The brains are the grays. Interesting fact: Reptoids are actually originally from earth, descended from a small group of therapsid synapsids picked up by the grays on a drive by during the early mesozoic. Who knew?
These grays are kinda lazy bastards. I mean they could have taken over Earth in the early Mesozoic period, but instead they left, then waited a few millennia for humans to evolve and build stuff. Now they're back and trying to take over the stuff we built. BUILD YOUR OWN STUFF GRAYS!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Early mesozoic earth wasn't really the kind of place you wanted to take over. I mean, with Pangea and all, there was a real dearth of beachfront property. What wasn't beach was desert. Why not wait for a nice interglacial to pop out some semi-intelligent hominids to enslave for labor and entertainment?
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham