Post by ropingk »

well we know SOMEONE DID steal the TRAIN how well that is a diffrent storie
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Re: Dogpatch Update on NPR

Post by jammer_smith »

You know....opening it as a nude resort might be freaking genius. Where is the nearest nudist resort? Where is the nearest nude beach? There is a market for this kind of thing, but they are few and far between. Nestled in the rural hills 3 hours from the nearest sizeable population centre is a place where you could get away with it. And since the location is so absurdly remote (which I find to be the major potential downfall of doing anything there) that you need a big hook like that to draw people out so far. Not to mention, I find old retired biker types to be the most nudist-resort prone market in the area, and those twisty Boston mountain roads draw a load of bikers. Having nude bathing at the bottom of the Marble fall, that would just be ideal. Turn some of those old craftsmen's buildings into cabins, some others into home-grown organic/new age/native american/head shop type booths. The place would be an old biker hippie paradise.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Dogpatch Update on NPR

Post by testube »

Interesting idea, except that it sits right on the highway, so its not too remote. Also, from what I see every season, today's bikers are wealthy weekend warriors (for the most part) and not really part of the hippy New age crowd anymore. When they travel, they want modern, convenient, up scale lodging. Heck, a lot of them don't even ride their bikes to get here...they haul them in on a trailer behind their RV.

As for nudist resorts in the area, there is actually one on Magnetic Road just outside of Eureka Springs, but from what I have heard it is for men only.