Jamestown Mall

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
MonkeyKing
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Jamestown Mall

Post by MonkeyKing »

Now that Jamestown has officially closed, has anyone been in yet? It's slated for redevelopment as an "open air center", but I highly doubt that will ever happen. I explored it once while it was still active and had an interesting experience with the authorities. First time tripping a motion detector.
Why did Lucy fall off the swing set? She had no arms. Knock knock. Who's there? NOT LUCY
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Jamestown Mall

Post by Jeffh97 »

I eyeball it every day driving home from work. It looks like some of the doors were broken or have been covered up by plywood as a safety precaution. I am guessing broke because its only one set of doors. I have wanted to get in that cine for awhile now.
MonkeyKing
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Jamestown Mall

Post by MonkeyKing »

Yeaj I wanna get back in there so bad. Without having to sneak past a swarm of searching cops this time.
Why did Lucy fall off the swing set? She had no arms. Knock knock. Who's there? NOT LUCY
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jeffh97 »

A closer look it looks like the plywood or paper is on the inside of the door so you can't see in from what I can tell. There was a police officer sitting right outside of those doors yesterday when I drove by.
MonkeyKing
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by MonkeyKing »

Somebody needs to join me on this expedition. Or at least for a scouting mission
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jeffh97 »

I could do a scouting mission. I'd imagine getting in is pretty risky right now. I think the security is likely high at this point.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

Yeah I'd be down but I'm not too optimistic about this one. We could do it though, just have to avoid the motion sensors and active security.
aka "That Guy"
sourclimber
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by sourclimber »

I'd be interested in going. Pm me if you need another marginal explorer.