Looking For A Large Or Long Cave

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Looking For A Large Or Long Cave

Post by l3ol3slost »

Hey Everyone, Yea I Understand Im Kinda New To The Forum And Area, But I Would Really Appreciate If Anyone Can Direct Me In A Area i Can Explore A Large Or Long Cave System Im Looking For A Cave Thats More The You Just Walk In And Walk A Few 1000 Feet Back And Hit A Dead End, Me And My Girlfriend Have Explored Bat Cave At Ritter Springs, And That Cave Was a Pretty Decent Length But We Ran Into A Wall When We Hit A Area That Was High In CO2 And Had To Make A Hasty Retreat, We Enjoyed That Cave Because If The Length Of It, And We Have Put On Over About 800 Miles In The Past 3 Weeks Looking For A Cave To Explore That Was Worth The Suffering Of Running Into A Nest Of Chiggers, Tick, And So Forth. But It Would Be Amazing If Someone Would Be Kind Enough To Point Us In A Direction Within a 75 Mile Radius Of Springfield, We Have Lived In The Area The Past 3 Months Now And "liesreality" Was Kind Enough To Point Us To a Few Places Of Interest. But Were Looking For Something Large Because I Have Been Obsessed With Exploring Caves Since We Moved To The Area, We Have Been Out Daily The Past 3 Weeks Seeking Some Adventure. But If Not I Totally Understand Because Of My Fresh Status To The Forum, But It Would Be A Greatly Appreciated Thing If Someone Could Help Us Out, We Not Out Looking To Disturb Anything In The Cave Systems Were Just There To Explore And Take Pictures For A Scrap Book Were Composing Of The Springfield Area And Natural Cave Systems. Sorry For The Long Post, And Thank You For Your Time Reading It.
"ego sum, ego existo, quoties a me profertur, vel mente concipitur, necessario esse verum."
Nemophilist
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Looking For A Large Or Long Cave

Post by Nemophilist »

You'll probably need to lower your expectations or increase your travel distance. I don't know of many caves that close that are even 1000ft long. Ash Grove cave is probably the biggest I can think of offhand that isn't a show cave. I think it's bigger than the bat cave, but I'm not sure since the air quality drove me out too.

You could check this though: http://www.caverbob.com/usalong.htm
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Whippoorwill is fun, but it's in northern Arkansas, about a 2-3 hr drive from springburg.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Looking For A Large Or Long Cave

Post by l3ol3slost »

Ash Grove cave i will have to figure out where thats located if its bigger then bat cave im definitely in :) thank u very much. I can probably do 100 mile radius if that would help, but Arkansas is a bit of a drive but ill definitely sometime hopefully in the future ;) just really looking for any cave with something picture worthy maybe with a waterfall or some kool formations even a mine would b kool id love to see a decent sized mine or long mine.

Thank u for the responses :)
"ego sum, ego existo, quoties a me profertur, vel mente concipitur, necessario esse verum."
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

The location for Ash Grove cave and Low Water Bridge (right next to Ash Grove are) in one of the threads in the Springfield forum if you search.

I believe all or part of the cave map for ash grove may be here someplace too.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by l3ol3slost »

Awesome thank you very much, also would u happen to know of any kool or long mine shafts might b active or not, never been in a mine but always wanted to, im obsessed with underground :) im working on going to college for speleology at some point here
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by l3ol3slost »

lol wow this forums very......active lately, lol is there anyone out there :P