Post one thing that made you sad today

You can talk about anything here
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:Winter is just all around shitty.
Untrue, it's easier walking thru the brush in wintertime and you can do it sans bug bites/ticks.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by SubLunar »

Perhaps, but I'll take bug bites and poison ivy over slippery ass roads and icy windshields and changing lower radiator hoses on the side of the highway in -5 degree weather. Oh and colds and flu's. In the summer you don't hear about people coming down with "warms". More proof that winter is trying to kill us, so we must fight back and banish it from the land with sorcery and human sacrifices.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:In the summer you don't hear about people coming down with "warms".
You don't get heat exhaustion in the wintertime.

Granted, trying to explore with frozen hands sucks and leaving trails in snow is less than ideal for being stealthy, but I still prefer winter over summer.

And you drive a Jeep, slippery roads are in your wheelhouse.

-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Was nearly hit head on at ~50mph last winter when a car slid out of its lane into mine. I was in the ladypal's car fully loaded with humans, including children. Obviously crying about it isn't going to change winter I'm just saying. We need to banish it with sorcery.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

SubLunar wrote:Was nearly hit head on at ~50mph last winter when a car slid out of its lane into mine. I was in the ladypal's car fully loaded with humans, including children. Obviously crying about it isn't going to change winter I'm just saying. We need to banish it with sorcery.
its not really all that hard it just requires that YOU move to a diffrent climate one where winter and all its harshness has been skillfully removed im really not exactally sure where that is id say CA is a good place to start if you can put up with all the gays and the BS maeby Mexico but then again a lot of Crap going on there Nevada has a good chance and you can hire a hooker cause ita OK --not saying you need to hire one just stating a some times not correct fact :oops:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I don't think I could leave this area on a permanent basis. St Louis has put out for me so much over the years and for that I'm grateful. I just hate the weather between December and March.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Post one thing that made you sad today

Post by mindwaave »

I grew up in the desert, and as a result, the cold weather here almost cripples me. Winter skies and snow can be neat on occasion, but yeah, the cold ought to be banished.
Preservation over plunder.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

well im with you i live ona farm so winter is full of cutting wood keeping the water tanks thawed out m,aking sure the babies born do not freeze to death did i mention cutting wood putting out hay every other day and upping the daily grainn to each animal to make up for the cold did I mention cutting wood???

yep im all for it getting to like 30 and staying therre the entire winter no hotter no colder
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

ropingk wrote:Nevada has a good chance and you can hire a hooker cause ita OK --not saying you need to hire one just stating a some times not correct fact :oops:
Cable tv has taught me that prostitution is legal only in certain counties in Nevada, not for the whole state, and only in strictly regulated brothels. The counties vote on whether they want it legal or not.

The internet says it's illegal in:
Clark (contains Vegas), Washoe (contains Reno), Douglas, Lincoln, and Carson City.

(On a side note: The Wikipedia article on this is quite interesting. For instance brothel owners lobbied in 2005 to be taxed state taxes to increase the legitimacy of the business. But the legislature declined.)

-Ayn Rand
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

i knew i=t was 100% of the state and IF im nto wrong the girls and I guess the guys as well ahve to have a medical report on file at all times while they are working???
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

The Wikipedia article says they have to be tested weekly for stds.

-Ayn Rand
l3ol3slost
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by l3ol3slost »

Cant Find A Decent Sized Cave In The Area Today This ISent Gated :( Feeling Like a Loser :P
"ego sum, ego existo, quoties a me profertur, vel mente concipitur, necessario esse verum."
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

I just learned that there is a sequel to A Boy Named Sue, also written (but this time performed) by Shel Silversteen.

It is fucking terrible. If you want to ruin the Johnny Cash song, listen to the sequel. Thankfully, I already forgot how it went, but again... it was fucking terrible. Don't listen to it. It made me sad today.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

In my first year of college my roommate would listen to Johnny Cash on repeat all evening long.

To this day I can't stand to listen to most of Cash's songs, granted most of them are great songs, I just can't stand to listen to them, the roommate ruined it for me.

Ring of Fire and the Hurt cover are the only two I can handle really.

-Ayn Rand
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Nicotti wrote:In my first year of college my roommate would listen to Johnny Cash on repeat all evening long.

To this day I can't stand to listen to most of Cash's songs, granted most of them are great songs, I just can't stand to listen to them, the roommate ruined it for me.

Ring of Fire and the Hurt cover are the only two I can handle really.
In 2003, I was in a band (and live, briefly) with a guy obsessed with Nirvana. I can't listen to them for more than a song or two to this day.

:cry: