abandoned High Schools

Urban exploration in Missouri
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: abandoned High Schools

Post by slow_walker »

I haven't been anywhere near that area since I took those pictures. I should try and get back up there.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

mindwaave wrote:Cherryville High School is in the exact same state it was in when slow_walker posted about it a few years ago. I drove past it twice over the summer, but never had the time to get out and take a look. I'll see if I can dig up the picture I took...
After talking with my uncle, who maintains some of my family's property in the area, he said that it may actually have been an elementary school, and that it closed sometime in the 70's. He also told me that the owner "let" some hippies live there for years, and that the hippies called it "The Compound." He's explored it himself and confirms that it's pretty trashed.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Drove past the Cherryville school yesterday.

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I was just there 2 weeks ago its sad
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Txreproshop
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: abandoned High Schools

Post by Txreproshop »

I grew up in Steelville and graduated from Steelville HS in 1974. I can remember when Cherryville school was open. I remember going there for some "away" basketball games. Not sure what year the last senior class graduation was, but I know the school district was merged into the Viburnum district. It seems that some students were sent to Steelville from the elementary level though.
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

I'm trying to remember where there is a old school. Maybe around Marsfield? On the old hwy? Strafford? I was waiting for someone and parked in front of the building. It might have been off the old hwy down a road to the south. It was in that general area. Building was a good size. Long and grown up. I would say it's a private owned land.
I'll be up that way in a week or so. I'll find that damn thing.

There are several old schools in Carroll county. I can think of 3. Of course they are on private land. Couple are used for hay storage.
The school up by Holiday Island. on the back side. Friend of mine has spent thousands of dollars restoring it. It's his home. The Brooklyn School. I think. It is close to the old railroad and the bridges across Table Rock Lake.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

arkie, I can't think of any off the old highway around Marshfield. There's the old Elkland school I linked to on the first page of this thread, which would be about 15 mins from Marshfield. Unless you're talking about the old high school, then jr high, now private school/preschool/MAC but that's definitely not abandoned.