Caving

General urban exploration stuff -- location specific stuff in the categories below
Baileybrucem
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Caving

Post by Baileybrucem »

I was wondering if there is some sort of grand tell-all map of the non-commercial caves in missouri? I wanted to maybe go check one or two out some time in the future. And if there are maps of the caves themselves, that's even better. Haha. 😬
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Re: Caving

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Good luck finding a master map. Usually we put that kind of shit together piecemeal over time as we find locations ourselves.

You're better off looking for actual passage maps; they tell everything about the cave, except for where it is. You can find thousands of cave maps from DNR on cd rom here
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Caving

Post by ropingk »

DNR = SUCKS
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
CloydFollins
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Caving

Post by CloydFollins »

There is a list, kept by cavers, but you won't get it easily. One option is to start with a book titled "Caves of Missouri" written by J. Harlen Bretz
rosco pico
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Caving

Post by rosco pico »

The Bretz book is excellent, though at the time it was published in '56 there were only four caves of note located in Perry County. Last I saw the total in Perry was over 650, with the three longest in the state (Crevice, Moon, and Mystery caves, totaling 28, 16, and 15 miles respectively) each located in Perry yet undiscovered at the time.

"Caves of Missouri" has a shit-ton of info... well worth purchasing.
Im Himmel Gibt's Kein Bier.