Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Falstaff Adventure with Baghead

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Jeffh97 wrote:A church looking room
Why sir, that was the tasting room!
ropingk wrote:again anybody else ever just kind of daydream of what this place was like in its HeyDay all the workers the smells the noise the day to day operations we do with out ever thinking
I have a few internal pictures of that location in operation. It's depressing.
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jeffh97 »

crazydrummerdude wrote: I have a few internal pictures of that location in operation. It's depressing.
Lets see em!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

depressing how it was or how it is???? could go erither way we all knwo there were no OSHA rules back then work or walk
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
nabyar
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nabyar »

Pepster wrote:Went back again today with ^ Jeff. If any of you are wanting to see it I would get in there soon. They boarded up the entrance I used to get in last time and there is one room with lights strung up throughout it. They are planning to do something with the building, what it is? I don't know. But near the entrance I used last time is a bunch of new, "industrial" equipment, is the best I can describe it as. Some type of new pump and also looked like a new circuit breaker on the wall. So move it up on your list if you haven't been to it. :evil:
Any type of security measures in place? I.e. security truck, motion sensors?

This has been on my list for quite some time now. Would love to see it before it gets too much worse or they change it.
nabyar
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nabyar »

Pepster wrote:Went back again today with ^ Jeff. If any of you are wanting to see it I would get in there soon. They boarded up the entrance I used to get in last time and there is one room with lights strung up throughout it. They are planning to do something with the building, what it is? I don't know. But near the entrance I used last time is a bunch of new, "industrial" equipment, is the best I can describe it as. Some type of new pump and also looked like a new circuit breaker on the wall. So move it up on your list if you haven't been to it. :evil:
Any type of security measures in place? I.e. security truck, motion sensors?

This has been on my list for quite some time now. Would love to see it before it gets too much worse or they change it.
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pepster »

Not that I saw and it was isolated in just basically one room. If I had to guess they are gonna start using the inside for storage. It's kinda difficult to get into now though all the doors are sealed, gotta be kinda crafty.
nabyar
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by nabyar »

Pepster wrote:Not that I saw and it was isolated in just basically one room. If I had to guess they are gonna start using the inside for storage. It's kinda difficult to get into now though all the doors are sealed, gotta be kinda crafty.
Thanks for the info. How crafty are we talking?
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jeffh97 »

Not overly crafty, but takes some thinking. I'd like to get out there and find a few rooms I missed if you want PM me maybe we can set something up.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

There's been an electrical panel in the room with the "consumer's" stairs with live power for as long as I've been exploring. Some buddies and I actually found some industrial "cage lights" elsewhere on site and actually strung them up and lit up the cellars once (probably close to ten years ago now!)
Pepster
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Pepster »

Chris wrote:There's been an electrical panel in the room with the "consumer's" stairs with live power for as long as I've been exploring. Some buddies and I actually found some industrial "cage lights" elsewhere on site and actually strung them up and lit up the cellars once (probably close to ten years ago now!)
Lol wow that's awesome. Idk though pretty sure they are doing something. More stuff was added in that room in between my visits. More stuff was boarded up on my second visit as well.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

I wouldn't doubt it...it's been a LONG time since I've been there (or exploring anywhere).
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Falstaff Adventure with Baghead

Post by SubLunar »

I haven't found out anything about a recent purchase. But a year or so ago, I know they were doing some brickwork and fixing the roof. That and of course the ongoing interior salvaging. Used to be more equipment there than there is now. And the records room was filled with what seemed like every conceivable record that brewery had kept over the years. Of course that's gone too now. Used to love sifting through the old books and things.
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Falstaff Adventure with Baghead

Post by Jeffh97 »

SubLunar wrote:I haven't found out anything about a recent purchase. But a year or so ago, I know they were doing some brickwork and fixing the roof. That and of course the ongoing interior salvaging. Used to be more equipment there than there is now. And the records room was filled with what seemed like every conceivable record that brewery had kept over the years. Of course that's gone too now. Used to love sifting through the old books and things.
Damn one of my main desires was to go back and find that room. The other is the take a blow up raft into the caves.
Meester Beeg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Meester Beeg »

A blow up raft...uh, that's not what they are called onthe east side.

:D

Make it a sturdy one. Ya don't want it to get a hole in it far into the cave.
Beware the Black Widows...feared throughout the land!
Jeffh97
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jeffh97 »

Meester Beeg wrote:A blow up raft...uh, that's not what they are called onthe east side.

:D

Make it a sturdy one. Ya don't want it to get a hole in it far into the cave.
haha... yeah that would make for quite a shitty experience. Not sure I have the balls to do that yet. I'd make sure to bring some water wings too.