Slaughter Sink Onyx & Saltpeter cave Pulaski County

Urban exploration in Missouri
Vet1830
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Slaughter Sink Onyx & Saltpeter cave Pulaski County

Post by Vet1830 »

The Two sinks are on the road on both sides not much to see one still have a lot of old trash in it (I went down it) the other is short walk away nice view but it has a tunnel if you can notice a path to the left when at the bluff highest point take that it wrap you around and you notice a very easy way to the bottom underneath your feet.

No good photos of that place.

Onyx Cave

If in this area beware someone still comes here an dose repairs as it has changed, in Mar the front was not boarded up. 4 months latter it is...

Walk around the right of building an follow the concrete path

At bottom you see this and if you continue the is more bared up areas. But I was able to see the inside of the cave its shame they locked it up and went through it an not one bat found... um

For the saltpeter cave most have no clue where it is well sadly there is no need to care of it location unless I find its 2nd entrance on the bluff facing the river. NFS had used steel plates and welded the whole thing shut and locked on other side I would assume as there is a door not sure how it open an if this is to save bats they would need an entrance they can get in an this isn't it so I have to look more for other one.

oddly if you continue down this closed road with no entrance or exit you find 3 building. I did see ATV tracks and noted little portion of the grass has been cut, these are old buildings with a lot of stuff in them and the meter is still on but oddly only has used only 1600KW...

Vet1830
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Slaughter Sink Onyx & Saltpeter cave Pulaski County

Post by Vet1830 »

Just sample of the info I have on this site.

PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Mindwaave and I covered this one not long ago here

Slaughter sink has some good rappelling opportunities and a couple decent climbing routes. Though it fucking sucks in the summer, too goddamn many mosquitos!
Vet1830
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Vet1830 »

Panic! its nice right now not one the whole time I was there
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

You lucky bastard! Last time I was there I was an all you can suck buffet.

I will refrain from making a joke tying in that last part with my gf, as she's on here too... But it's there.
Vet1830
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Vet1830 »

wow well ahh at one point I didn't mind it we meet up but now you say that I think I change my mind unless you bring some of them nice suckers with you lol.