Hello and help from Bonner Springs

Urban exploration in Kansas
sulfurburner
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Hello and help from Bonner Springs

Post by sulfurburner »

I'm searching for info on some tunnels that were found in Bonner springs in 2002. all I can find is that they planned to investigate but no results, plus I would like to find them to do my own investigation.

I'm also looking for an area that collapsed due to a sinkhole somewhere in or around Bonner springs. i came across it one day several years ago while riding my bike but didn't think much of it at the time, now I can't find anything on it or how to get back. I remember the road being torn up pretty bad and a chain link fence running right across the middle of the road blocking the area off.

anyone have any info on either of these?
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Re: Hello and help from Bonner Springs

Post by slow_walker »

I'm guessing this is what you read that indicated it would be investigated at some point? http://www.bonnersprings.com/news/2002/ ... f_tunnels/

That article is so old, it seems like the investigation would have been done by now.

Other than a few different news articles from 2002 that basically repeat the one above, the only thing else I found was this.

http://bridgehunter.com/ks/wyandotte/bo ... gs-tunnel/
sulfurburner
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Hello and help from Bonner Springs

Post by sulfurburner »

yes that's the one I'm referring to. that's all I've been able to find as well but I know someone out there, maybe even on here has more info on it. It's interesting because I spent hours on that river bank this spring while looking for mushrooms and never stumbled across any tunnels.

I'm really interested in the cave in Bonner that I've seen posts on here about. I would really like to make a visit there soon, or at least find someone who can tell me more