Branson/Table Rock area

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Branson/Table Rock area

Post by SubLunar »

If anyone with knowledge of these locations could elaborate on their status, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any others to add, please do so.

Abandoned Mines?
Here's the plant, though I believe it's active. Not sure where the mines are.
1, 2

Lists of abandoned buildings in Branson as of 2012:
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t69540.html
2010 list:
http://www.1branson.com/forum/t59491.html

Abandoned farmstead White River Valley Trail System?
http://mostateparks.com/trails/table-rock-state-park

Mine shaft
http://www.explorebranson.com/blog/2012 ... ry-lesson/
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Branson/Table Rock area

Post by SubLunar »

Grand Palace was damaged by the Feb 2012 tornado. It was already vacant at that time and still is.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_fre ... 963f4.html
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Branson Inn/oak Ridge Boys Theater?
The building on Highway 65 at 248 is vacant, waiting for Mercy Health of Springfield to tear it down for a new clinic.

There are no current plans for the theater building.
April 16 2013

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=793932

-

Don't you Springfield peeps ever go to Branson to explore? Seems like there's a few things out that way..
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Re: Branson/Table Rock area

Post by ropingk »

the dianisour Museum is closed and I think themall at the wal mart is closed as well
any one know where the leather shop went to???
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Branson/Table Rock area

Post by SubLunar »

SubLunar wrote:Celebration City?
as of august 2011:
The park has confirmed on several occasions that a crew remains on site keeping various assets of the park from falling into ruin, espcially the park's famed Ozark Wildcat wooden coaster. Weeds do seem to be taking over some parts of the park however, such as the old kiddie area where all of the rides have been removed.

The company uses the park for various staff functions, and a few groups now operate out of old park buildings. A church has taken residence in a building that was once an arcade in the Branson USA days, and a local branch of Big Brothers Big Sisters operates out of another building.
If other companies are operating out of there now, then it seems to me that one could slip in there fairly easily. It would be one thing if there was nothing going on there and a security guard watching it, but with others coming and going..
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

squeaksman
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by squeaksman »

The old quarry trucks are actually some extra ducks, gama goats and various other military surplus gems. I'm jealous.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Branson/Table Rock area

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Still there and still abandoned. No surprise, really.. it's kinda hidden on the side of a hill with no quick access to the main road. It's a long-ass motel. I saw some hobos hanging out.
SubLunar wrote:Grand Palace was damaged by the Feb 2012 tornado. It was already vacant at that time and still is.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_fre ... 963f4.html
Still vacant. Tons of weeds growin' around it.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

SubLunar wrote:If anyone with knowledge of these locations could elaborate on their status, I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any others to add, please do so.

Abandoned Mines?
Here's the plant, though I believe it's active. Not sure where the mines are.
1, 2

Mine shaft
http://www.explorebranson.com/blog/2012 ... ry-lesson/
The plant you see there is an active gravel dredging operation in downtown Branson... they use a barge to collect the gravel and sort it at that plant. Quarry #1 is very much an active site, and can be seen off HWY 248. It has vast underground areas under and on both sides of the road, as well as secure underground storage facilities. From Branson Hills parkway you can see two sealed mine entrances... they used to have a hole that you could gain entry from to a small underground storage area separate from the main mine.

Quarry #2 is abandoned. It can be found south of HWY 76 between Silver Dollar City and Branson West. Nothing too interesting, just a typical rock quarry, no underground areas. Nearby are a bunch of abandoned half-built condos.

To the best of my recollection, Quarry #3 is near Kimberling city and is an active site. I don't believe it has underground areas, but I've never been there, and it has been years since I've done any research on it.

As for the trail at Murder Rocks golf club, it is worth checking out, just keep in mind that if you want to see the actual murder rocks, the golf club does not actually own them. They can be found off HWY JJ, near where that trail runs, but NOT on their property. As for the shaft, here's a thread I wrote up on the Silver Moon Mine, which is the mine shown in those pictures. There are other mines along that trail, most of which I haven't been to yet. This is definitely worth checking out.

Near the mines in the ghost town of Melva, Mo, which is worth a look.
Silver Fountain is still abandoned, last time I was there there was obvious evidence of the homeless living there.
The Grand Palace is still abandoned. Have not been inside.

The Branson Inn is abandoned, slated for demolition soon. If you want to check it out, you had better be quick about it. Law Enforcement has been doing breaching training out there lately, it may be patrolled. Edit: Drove by this morning. There's a lot of construction equipment staged there, and it looks like they may be in the process of demolition right now. There is a chain link fence around the site, but the HWY 65 side of it is unsecured.

Celebration City is active, and has a security presence. Do not recommend.

The address for the amphitheater isn't accurate, it is located off Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, not 376. Abandoned, but the owners live in a house nearby and will not hesitate to call the cops.

As for the farmhouse, I've not been there, though I have checked out that general area around the RR tracks. Don't know if the house is abandoned or not. The quarry is an active site. I've heard some funny conspiracy theories about that place though... if you look just to the East of the house, you will notice an error with Google Earth/Maps where the image is overlapping with itself. A friend of mine thinks that the government is building something there and intentionally messed up the images to hide it. Of course, if you look at it on the county GIS you can see that it's just more quarry.

The Quarry with the trucks in it is Baird Mountain. It is where all the rock for the dam was mined, and is part of the Ride the Ducks tour. The trucks you see are part of an outdoor military vehicle museum, mostly jeeps, lighters, duece-and-a-halfs and such. Not well secured at night, though I'd advise caution if you check out the top of the quarry at night... it's a hell of a drop. The quarry has a bit of a sinister reputation among the locals... Back in the seventies and eighties it was a party spot, and some folks say a lot of bad things happened there. I do know that a firefighter died there on a high angle rescue many years back. Stolen cars tend to be found there, burned. It is well marked no trespassing area, violators will be prosecuted, blah blah blah.

The foundation is just that, a foundation for an unfinished building. There's what looks to be an elevator shaft sticking out of it. Looks like it would be a great place to paintball. Edit: It is worth mentioning that if you want to check this out, there isn't really a good place to park, and there is a MHP substation very close-by. Not sure if it is worth the risk.

If you're going to be in the area or something, shoot me a PM or a text, I'll show you around.

Edit: I've edited this damn thing about eight times, keep thinking of other info to add and finding typos.
Last edited by gimpface on Sun May 05, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Some excellent info in this thread!
Preservation over plunder.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster