Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Post by piplnr65656 »

Does anyone know anything about the abandoned lodge and mine just south of EE hwy off of 65? It was a small mineral mine that started to build a extreamly fancey lodge next door with 2 smaller cabins on the property. One of the owners embezzled a bunch of money and then they all went to jail and the bank closed down the mine and the lodge before it was ever opened. A friend of mine camped out there a few years ago and said it was in very good condition. No one had vandalized it at the time. We are going to go check it out next weekend.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Post by White Rabbit »

First I've heard of it. Is it like a horizontal mine, or a pit-type mine?
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Wow, I'm gonna have to check that out! I know where you're talking about but I've never heard of anything like that around there!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

I just heard of it last night when I was showing a friend of mine the web site. He was trying to tell me the story. Apperently this husband and wife found some kind of mineral in the area and were mining it on a low scale. They took a bunch o the money they had earned and built a very fancy grand lodge and 2 smaller cabins on the property. He told me that there was a sign in front of the lodge that told the story of the mine and what not.
Inside one of the offices in the lodge was some newspaper clipping were the wife was embezeling some money and they both got arrested and so on. He said it looked like they had not finished building it but were almost done. The place is supposed to be in very good condition. We are going to go check it out one night next week.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Post by Willard »

piplnr65656 wrote:I just heard of it last night when I was showing a friend of mine the web site. He was trying to tell me the story. Apperently this husband and wife found some kind of mineral in the area and were mining it on a low scale. They took a bunch o the money they had earned and built a very fancy grand lodge and 2 smaller cabins on the property. He told me that there was a sign in front of the lodge that told the story of the mine and what not.
Inside one of the offices in the lodge was some newspaper clipping were the wife was embezeling some money and they both got arrested and so on. He said it looked like they had not finished building it but were almost done. The place is supposed to be in very good condition. We are going to go check it out one night next week.
We wants it... We wants the precious....
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

Yes same here. I can't belive he never told me about it. We are both off on a buisness trips this week but will be back thursday afternoon. We will go then.
dawgchain
The Pumkin King
The Pumkin King

Post by dawgchain »

Got room for a tag along? provided no glasstopped coffe tables are hideing in the dark corners...
----------This space for rent----------
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by piplnr65656 »

maby, I don't see why not. This web site is awsome. I did not know there were so many people doing the same thing we were. We both started digging out all are old gear to start exploring the area again.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Post by lolabelle »

Where's EE?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Abandoned Lodge and mine just south of EE on 65

Post by Nicotti »

lolabelle wrote:Where's EE?
http://binged.it/16kO1ze
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
RV driver
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by RV driver »

Anybody got a google maps location of the lodge? Because I live in Ozark, have spent some time in that vicinity, and never either heard of it, nor ever seen it.
Slipping the surly bonds of earth...
UberGeek
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by UberGeek »

it is actually the same place referred to in this post from several years back http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... php?t=1412

It is not torn down as was suggested in that previous post. the original property was divided into smaller ~5 acre plots and the lodge stands on a ~10 acre plot. Many of the plots are currently for sale.... the current owner of the lodge is a Lawyer and has the property watched by the developer who lives nearby. send me a pm for specific ?'s /details