St. Marys Infirmary

Urban exploration in St. Louis, Missouri
Hopscotch
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: St. Marys Infirmary

Post by Hopscotch »

This is some sad news about ol SMI. The last time I was there was about 4 years ago; we got all the way to the top for some great St. Louis panorama shots. I can't believe the stairs are gone, they were such a huge part of the hospital's beauty. I was planning on going tomorrow, but maybe it's just going to be a drive by... =/
For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius.
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cturboaddict »

Got to visit here today for the first time with my wife, Sublunar and rosiecheeks. Had a great day out urbexing with you guys. This one made me laugh today. Finally some graffiti worth a mention.
St. Mary's was in bad disarray. Bottles of urine and fecal matter filled one of the rooms, and not much is left. Sub has a better take on it, as he last visited when it was in better shape. Still fun, and glad I got to see it before its possibly gone.
PS- Ameren was all over the joint too!
I Can't find the Cursive Font... WTF
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

cturboaddict: It was awesome to finally meet you. Definitely need to explore more.

-

SO BUMMED about St. Mary's. Holy shit it's gone to hell.

No stairs, further extensive structural damage and graffiti all over. Damn...
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: St. Marys Infirmary

Post by cturboaddict »

SubLunar wrote:cturboaddict: It was awesome to finally meet you. Definitely need to explore more.

-

SO BUMMED about St. Mary's. Holy shit it's gone to hell.

No stairs, further extensive structural damage and graffiti all over. Damn...
Will do bruddah- will do.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Fucking LAME what has happened to this place.

Saint Louis obviously gives no fuck about its historic buildings.

Scrappers have removed anything of value, taggers have vandalized everything in sight.

A shameful legacy.....

Last edited by SubLunar on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

ucitygal
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ucitygal »

So sad about never getting to see those stairs in person. How much longer before they destroy this too??
lzrturbo91
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: St. Marys Infirmary

Post by lzrturbo91 »

sub you kinda seem like a sally on here... i mean im just saying. maybe you just have soft skin ? but scrappers gonna scrap and haters going to ??? lol adapt and overcome feel to skip the part where you cry about it on the intrawebz
MY COUCH PULLS OUT BUT I DONT
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

You're right! My skin is soft, like a greased baby. Thanks for the reality check.

Dudes, bros, I'm gonna totally grow some thicker skin. My sally-ness is showing. I'm so embarrassed..

LOL
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

In addition to being a sally and having soft skin, I'm also an inbred Asian Midget and a 3rd cousin of Kim Jong Un.

All I do is cry about stuff on the internet. I'm actually just a big poser and I've never explored anything.

Hopefully someday I can learn to adapt and overcome difficult things. Sounds like a life lesson that I've missed out on. I have so much to learn..
cturboaddict
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cturboaddict »

SubLunar wrote:In addition to being a sally and having soft skin, I'm also an inbred Asian Midget and a 3rd cousin of Kim Jong Un.

All I do is cry about stuff on the internet. I'm actually just a big poser and I've never explored anything.

Hopefully someday I can learn to adapt and overcome difficult things. Sounds like a life lesson that I've missed out on. I have so much to learn..
Don't worry... We'll learn you good. :twisted:
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

cturboaddict wrote: Don't worry... We'll learn you good. :twisted:
Thanks, I'm glad someone could help!
thechariot
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by thechariot »

sad for sure, sadder that i know most of those taggers.
ericp33
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by ericp33 »

Anyone....Was this building ever slated for rehab? If so, who proposed, what was it going to be and why did it fail (besides the real estate bust)?

Thanks....
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by BagHead727 »

So I wanted to wait a little while before sharing this story for some obvious reasons..

But 2 weeks ago I went up to St. Mary's with 3 friends at around 11pm at night. It was my 2nd time there but a first for everyone else. We went through the basement first and everyone was already freaked out and about ready to leave. I managed to coax them to stay and explore the 1st floor too. We went up stairs and one of the first rooms we entered was filled with hundreds of unopened liquor bottles and 2 litter juice and soda bottles. Obviously someone's stolen stash and it filled nearly half the room. I went up to one of the boxes which was filled with objects rolled up in plastic bags that smelled like piss. As my 3 friends were waiting in the hall yelling at me to leave, I decided to play a joke on them and yelled "Omg, It's a dead baby!" LOL They booked it out of the building as fast as they could and left me standing in there all by myself

This is why you should always explore with other people and also why I like to explore solo. You should explore with other people for protection because you never know what shit you're going to stumble across.

On the other hand, I like to explore solo so I don't have to deal with other people's girlish behavior. The thing I hate most is when I bring someone exploring and they pussy out
aka "That Guy"