Request from Dogpatch fans....

Urban exploration in Arkansas
caver
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

RE: Request from Dogpatch fans....

Post by caver »

Maybe post some pictures of the stolen train.

What kind of train was it? Can't be that big if someone stole it.
Caving impaired,,,too old, too fat, don't care.
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Post by whipping_post »

I've seen the pictures in some of the dogpatch pics posted here and in other places. My guess is that it's being renovated, I hope. I can't see someone stealing a damn train but people will steal anything, right?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Hey I live by the Missouri vetrans home in St James Mo. and they used to have a old WWII Tank out frount the also have a few old cannons I noticed the Tank was gone one day SO I asked the Director Of Nursing where it went she said she didn't even know there had been one---YEs a GREAT BIG T WWII TANK--- but anyway one day a truck pulled up frount and loaded it on a trailer and since they knew what they were doign no one asked to see a work order -----end result Tank Gone and no one knows where or why
just goes to show if you look like you know what you are doing most people never ask
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

Re: RE: Request from Dogpatch fans....

Post by whipping_post »

ropingk wrote:Hey I live by the Missouri vetrans home in St James Mo. and they used to have a old WWII Tank out frount the also have a few old cannons I noticed the Tank was gone one day SO I asked the Director Of Nursing where it went she said she didn't even know there had been one---YEs a GREAT BIG T WWII TANK--- but anyway one day a truck pulled up frount and loaded it on a trailer and since they knew what they were doign no one asked to see a work order -----end result Tank Gone and no one knows where or why
just goes to show if you look like you know what you are doing most people never ask
Yeah, but I'd steal a tank. C'mon, why not? :D
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Yes, someone actually stole the train. I'm not sure how but the generator from the mill was stolen as well and that's quite an amazing accomplishment too.

Our caretaker caught someone trying to load the train on a truck one day and ran them off but it looks like they returned and finished the job. This has been a few years now.

If anyone know anything about it, send me a PM. Thanks
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

heh... noone would be stealing any tank on my watch... I always ask questions and ask to see papers from anyone even if they look like they know what they are doing... Sorry but all people who let that tank just get loaded up liek that should have been fired by the highest person. As for the train. I don't remember how big the land is for Dogpatch but it's big enough that noone can watch all of it simoutaniously so I can see how the train would get stolen. Hope it turns up and you don't have to spend money trying to get it back.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Willard i do agree with you and i would like to think i would ask for some kind of work order but the Director is not on site that much and the D.O.N is not really concerned about Tanks and the maintance crew may have even helped load it up (they are suposed to get a "NewTank" next year) But my question about the train was did it still run I would guess it was propane and not steam and that they probaly only got the engin and fuel car which would be amazing it was not all froze up it had to have set for a lot of years out in the weather but still that had to be a big hunkuing truck to get in the part and move it around with all the undergroth sounds like someone really knew what they were doing and or had a lot of help
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I loved that train. We would always ride the train when we went to Dogpatch. When I was really little it would scare the hell out of me when the bad guy hill folk came to hold up the train. I loved it. I wish Dogpatch were up and running so I could take my kids there.