Underground Ozarks Forum Gallery Forum Blog
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Exploring/Adventure riding
View previous topic | View next topic  
BRAVHART
0-99 Poster
Member for: 2 years, 8 months0-99 Poster

Usergroups: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

Does anyone on this forum go adventure riding?? I was wondering if any of you all go exploring on a motorcycle. Seems like these hobbies would go hand in hand. I was personally thinking about buying an adventure type motorcycle like a Kawasaki KLR 650 or something to hold my gear to go exploring on. What do you guys think of the idea. If there are people that are already doing this please let me know. I wanna join yer gang Smile
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Locations: St. Louis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

check out advrider.com/forums, or just go to the main page and check out some of the pictures.

I just have street bikes that I take to far off places. None of the dual sport/dirt bikes are plated..
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Locations: Have gun, will travel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

Does this count?
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Member for: 2 years, 9 monthsOfficial Board Stalker

Locations: Primarily Mo, but also Ks, Ok, Ark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: RE: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I am really suprised no one heard you down there, and reported you. Looked like a lot of fun though. Very Happy
BRAVHART
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

Hell yeah that counts. Very cool. I took a ride through Arlington, Mo outside of St Robert and thought I wonder if anyone else on here is interested in adventure biking to these obscure locations.
fbears
0-99 Poster
Member for: 2 years, 5 months0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

i was thinking of a road trip myself with a motorcycle of course but i am still not yet decided what model to buy. been wanting some time on the road just to be able to clear my mind out since there has been too much going on around here that i wanted to get away and just drive. would love to join the club!
BRAVHART
0-99 Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

FBEARS,

Where ya from? Riding season has already started..pm me may be able to sway ya on what your looking for in a bike.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I used to do about 1000 miles/weekend.

Now, I ride like 200 miles/weekend. I'm lame.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Member for: 2 years, 9 monthsOfficial Board Stalker

Locations: Primarily Mo, but also Ks, Ok, Ark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

fbears wrote:
i was thinking of a road trip myself with a motorcycle of course but i am still not yet decided what model to buy. been wanting some time on the road just to be able to clear my mind out since there has been too much going on around here that i wanted to get away and just drive. would love to join the club!

Welcome to the site. Very Happy
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I rode down a very similar, but much shorter, road like this once.. but I would ride the shit out of this road if it was in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Trezj-MIPGA#!
crazyflights
0-99 Poster
Member for: 2 years, 4 months0-99 Poster

Locations: Columbia, MO

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: RE: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I do a little bit on my 09 WR450, that I have converted for Street. Located in Columbia, MO if anyone interested.
C4D
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Pacific Mo and Branson Mo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I adventure ride... I ride a Yamaha Super Tenere with 80L of hard cases to fit all my photo gear. I ride all over the Ozarks and would love to meet with some other exploring type of riders.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I love WR's and I love Teneres. I need to get a tagged dual sport. I take my old street bikes where they're not supposed to go, but I could use some more suspension travel and knobbies.
C4D
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Locations: Pacific Mo and Branson Mo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

I have a buddy who somewhat converted a Ninja 650 for dual sport and it actually does pretty well on the lighter trails and the fire roads.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Locations: St James Missouri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Exploring/Adventure riding Reply with quote

fbears wrote:

I rode to Mt rushmore crazy hourse Devils tower this year it was under 3000 miles in 6 days nto a bad ride I ride a Gold Wong so that made it a lot easier but it was over 100 degrees every day there are pics someware on the site so yes i like to ride just not going off rode on the wing

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3