Heers building

Urban exploration in Springfield, Missouri
tater
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Heers building

Post by tater »

Just an FYI, you might want to relable the floors... what you labed the 2nd floor is actually just the Mezzenine part of the 1st floor and all subsequent floors after that are off by one 3rd should be called 2nd, 4th should be called 3rd and so fourth. The top floor with no windows facing college or the square is the 7th floor. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at as far as floors. (and yes, I did see the florecent '4' on one photo... the person that spraypainted it was incorrect)
Well i'm confused now. I originally labeled them the way you stated cause i was looking at the south and east sides of the building which shows the first floor and mezzanine as one floor and what looks like six floors all together, but when you look at a picture of the west side of the building it shows the mezzanine as a separate floor and eight floors all together. That's why i labeled them the way i did.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

tater wrote:
Just an FYI, you might want to relable the floors... what you labed the 2nd floor is actually just the Mezzenine part of the 1st floor and all subsequent floors after that are off by one 3rd should be called 2nd, 4th should be called 3rd and so fourth. The top floor with no windows facing college or the square is the 7th floor. It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at as far as floors. (and yes, I did see the florecent '4' on one photo... the person that spraypainted it was incorrect)
Well i'm confused now. I originally labeled them the way you stated cause i was looking at the south and east sides of the building which shows the first floor and mezzanine as one floor and what looks like six floors all together, but when you look at a picture of the west side of the building it shows the mezzanine as a separate floor and eight floors all together. That's why i labeled them the way i did.
Ah, I see your confusion. How the building is designed it has a basement and seven floors. The mezzanine is part of the first floor even though it has it's own level of windows. Counting windows on the outside just confuses the situation. In the era that Heers was built (and it's previous store that burned down was designed similarly) it was common to have a second, less segnificant, level on the main floor. if you count from the front when the mezzanine had windows you could still count 7 floors levels, but that's because from the main fronts of the building the cornace is where the true seventh floor is and the first floor/mezzanine have two levels of windows.

I hope this is a clear as mud. :D

It was easier to note when there was still elevators with buttons to verify what level was named what.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
tater
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Heers building

Post by tater »

I hope this is a clear as mud.
Definitely clear as mud..lol. :lol: Yeah i think a lot of people get confused about the "hidden" seventh floor, and i see what you mean about the mezzanine being considered part of the first floor, it makes sense. Willard, i want to thank you for helping me out. I will get the tags on the pics changed as soon as i can.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

So its not acessible?
THE THREAD KILLER!
jammer_smith
The Goose Slayer
The Goose Slayer

Post by jammer_smith »

It looks pretty well boarded up from the ground. You'd have to break to enter, which is a line I am not personaly willing to cross.

You might be able to get in if you had some ninja skills and found a way to climb up a bit. Problem is that almost the whole thing is in such plain sight. Casing the joint would be pretty obvious I think.
"To argue with a man who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead."-Thomas Paine
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

RE: Heers building

Post by liesreality »

This place is sealed up. Everyone can easily see you. I thought maybe behind the place you could enter, but i found no way in. I gave up on this one. :wink:
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Yeah, jump from the parking garage into a open window is an option... No basement Windows to clump into?
THE THREAD KILLER!
tater
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by tater »

Yeah, jump from the parking garage into a open window is an option... No basement Windows to clump into?
I don't know about you but i can't jump that far....lol

We could lay a long plank or a rope bridge across there from the parking garage.
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Yes a long Fucking 2x12 would do the trick. :mrgreen:
THE THREAD KILLER!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Twail Wetard wrote:Yes a long Fucking 2x12 would do the trick. :mrgreen:
As opposed to a short 2x12?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Duh, it would be too short to span the gap. 2"= height x 12"width, didn't mention the length, just long Ass.
THE THREAD KILLER!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

ah i was thinking a 12' 2x4, my bad. :oops:
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

It used to be much easier when the old breezeway/shipping and receiving building were where the parking garage is... used to be a tunnel from that building into the basement of Heers. That got torn out when the building was demolished. (thing had two massave boilers for electrical generation and an original wooden freight elevator from 1915) Anyway that ally is 20 feet across... Not sure how anyone will span that thing... you could try to jump from the parking garage onto the roof of the lower level of Heers, but I don't know if you could get into the building from there. There's a door for roof access that goes into the stairwell on the 3rd floor of the main building, but last I knew it was bolted shut from the inside.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

I got mad skills( for a fat kid) but I ain't no ninja
THE THREAD KILLER!
whitesnicker
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster