Old Hopsital Abandoned

Urban exploration in Kansas
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Old Hopsital Abandoned

Post by liesreality »

Has anyone ever been in the old Katy Hospital in Parsons?
There is a clinic next door, which is still used regulary.The clinic is shown in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (barely can see the clinic, but can still see it). Never been in the hospital, because residential housing surrounds the entire building, and each time i got near, someone seemed to be outside.

I found on the internet its used for storage, but wondering if anyone has went inside, to see what that storage was :wink: . Some of the windows are boarded up, and a few windows are broken out.

In the picture you will notice some vehicles that park here to utilize the clinic (open during day hours only).
Attachments
Hospital. Clinic bottom right hand corner. parking in front for clinic.
Hospital. Clinic bottom right hand corner. parking in front for clinic.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Old Hopsital Abandoned

Post by SubLunar »

Awesome. Get in there!
Loubert
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Loubert »

I have never been there but i think i have heard of it. Me and my team were wanting to do an investigation there a few years back.(if in deed it is the same place im thinking of.lol.)
LOUBERT from mid-america ghost hunters and paranormal investigators.
www.MAGHAPI.webs.com
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

Very possible. The place has been there forever, LOL. It is right next door to the Katy Clinic. The katy clinic is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I have not been to Parsons in a very long time, so the Katy clinic may be empty also. I know that Dr. Buller and Dr. Lava used to be in the katy clinic, but both have moved on to other parts in parsons to practice out of.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: Old Hopsital Abandoned

Post by Nicotti »

Someone ask GC, that's in the range of his hunting grounds...
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Just get in there already damnit! Looks pretty cool and if there's broken out windows, then there's your way in.
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

I am no longer in that area, and i dont plan a return visit to the town anytime soon. I got close more than once when i live much closer to the place, but at the time the katy clinic was open, so there was always someone outside going in or leaving the katy clinic. You might have a better chance now, that it is closed (?).

Also, if you are out of state going to the place, make sure you obey all speed limit signs. The police love to give people from out of town tickets. They park immediately where the speed changes or when you come over a hill to them.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: Old Hopsital Abandoned

Post by GlassCurtain »

When you first posted about it I drove by it and there were cars in the parking lot. Then I drove by it this morning...No cars were there and it looked a little overgrown. I will continue to monitor it's status.
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
liesreality
Official Board Stalker
Official Board Stalker

Post by liesreality »

there were probably cars not to the hosptial, but to the katy clinic. There were always cars there for that katcy clinic which is basically next door to the hospital. you can make out the hospital in the picture and the katy clinic is in the bottom right hand corner of that picture. I dont know for sure if anything has returned to the katy clinic except for storage.